𖤈 Chapter Seventy-Four: Oblivious Haechan Lee

"Can you believe it is almost the end of the school year?" He gets a lazy hum from the elder boy in response.

Raising a brow, Jaemin has been trying to start a conversation with Renjun for a few minutes now. But he doesn't get a very vocal response as usual.

He thought the elder boy was just tired, or not in the mood to be talkative. So he didn't really mind the lack of words from him until now.

Renjun wasn't even looking at him, but else where. Eyes set on something while he supports his chin on his palm, forgetting the paper he was working on a moment before.

Jaemin inches closer to follow Renjun's gaze, trying to find what pulled his friend's attention away from him.

Lips curling up to a smirk when he assumes he has found what Renjun has been staring at, "Renjun Huang being a lovesick creep, what a rare sight." He remarks teasingly.

The elder boy finally snaps out of his thoughts and scowls at Jaemin from across the table, "shut up."

He huffs out in annoyance, although the blush creeping up on his cheeks did not help his plan to intimidate Jaemin, not even the slightest.

It makes Jaemin snort quite loudly, liking this rare moment of his friend being weak and shy than his usual snarky self. It definitely is a rare sight because this side of Renjun hasn't been discovered much.

Despite being friends with him for so long, he barely sees it. And majority of those times he does is because of Haechan's doing.

Oblivious Haechan Lee, clueless to the non platonic feelings one of his best friends, Renjun Huang, has for him.

But somehow, it all made sense to him when that incident happened in Renjun's – his – party. He knew there was something more in that make out session; especially when Renjun ran away looking so panicked.

At first he thought Renjun was panicking because he had kissed his best friend and was afraid it would ruin their friendship.

But then Jeno came up to him, telling him everything without Renjun knowing; Jeno doesn't talk badly about someone behind their back.

As much as he is a confident and egotistical kind of person, all those traits are pushed away, making Renjun feel weak.

Because of this, Jeno just had to tell Haechan. Knowing for sure Renjun wouldn't utter a word to the tanned male, not wanting to confront him. Giving deja vu.

Of course Jeno felt guilty for doing so, especially when Renjun freaked out once he told him. But then they talked it out and agree to disagree.

Besides, if Jeno didn't tell Haechan, he has a guess the tanned male wouldn't care or know a damn thing. Unintentionally hurting Renjun more in the process.

Hence here they are, still giving each other space just like Jaemin and Jeno. It feels weird, not just because of the sudden comeback of their friendships, but separating as pairs.

Haechan even heard some people thinking they broke up with their partners, which he couldn't blame them as he imagined their point of view; it indeed does look like it.