𖤈 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚: 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒓 𝑵𝒐𝒕?

Jaemin really wants to get out of here right now, like he's literally on the verge of standing up from his seat and say something that could possibly earn him another detention slip.

He's in his second to the last class for today– he doesn't even remember which class he's in nor does he actually care– and he wishes he was in a different one.

He hears and sort of listens to the teacher speaking, "so in this project, you will be–"

Yup, another damn project.

Jaemin doesn't know what he did to deserve this, or if he actually deserves it– he hopes not– but can he really do something about it?

Answer is no.

He sort of cares for his grades too. However, he's not like one of those other people or cliques who wants to be the best and has very high grades.

As long as it's a pass, it's fine in his book. Highest or not.

"It'll be by pairs," he hears the teacher say, looking up from his notes with furrowed eyebrows.

The teacher is by the second row, one of his hands holding a book as Jaemin doesn't even glance to what type of book it is– too puzzled with what the hell is going on right now.

"I'll be the one to choose on who's with who just to be fair and avoid too much chaos." The man announces, earning a few groans from some students.

He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, "last time we did pairs on some school activities, a lot of you complained about the smart people pairing with each other, which wasn't fair."

"Yeah! They're already smart, why need help from another smart one? Atleast help the ones who are actually struggling and are slow learners." One of the students spoke up from the fourth row.

Some cheered loudly, some didn't and some argued. They all went silent when the teacher shushes them with a strict look.

"Alright, calm down. I'll pair you guys up fairly," he said once they all settled down. "I hope everyone will be okay later, I don't want more arguments over pairings."

Everyone replied in sync as the teacher quickly grabs his attendance book to check their names while some whisperings started.

Jaemin just sits still with his head hung low as he hopes for the best, then he hears the teacher calling their names one by one to pair them up.

A few names were called, a few cheers and quiet grunts from his classmates echoes through his ears, all while he waits until–

"Na Jaemin and.... Lee Jeno."

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." He mutters a little too audibly for his teacher to hear, not realizing the man was walking around the few rows while announcing the pairs.

"Is there anything wrong, Mr. Na?" He widens his eyes when he hears the voice of his teacher, too loud– meaning too close.

He slowly looks up and clears his throat once he meets the strict gaze from the man just in front of him, "no Sir..." He mumbles.