𖤈 Chapter Fifty-Six: Spectacular Surprise

"Should I close my eyes?" Jeno asks, looking at Jaemin waiting for an answer. "Because I have a feeling this is one of those times I should."

The blond haired boy laughs wholeheartedly whilst shaking his head in response, "don't worry, you don't have to close your eyes on this one."

"But what if it is a surprise or something like that?" The younger boy raises a brow, a little suspicious as he starts assuming things.

To which he doesn't usually do, may I remind you. But something about right now has him doing so anyway.

"Trust me, if it was, you'd be disappointed." Jaemin snickers when Jeno pouts at him.

"Literally, no need to close your eyes. There's nothing spectacular behind this closed door." He says while knocking on the said steel door with his knuckles.

Jeno's pout remains on his face but he nods nonetheless, letting Jaemin open the door for them before he steps aside for Jeno.

"Any explanation as to why we are on the rooftop?" Jeno asks when they walked out a little more to the center.

Jaemin purses his lips, inserting his hands in his pockets as they stopped on their tracks, now facing each other with Jeno tilting his head in confusion.

"I... Uhm... Okay, I kind of wanted to do this at one of our houses... But," he quickly adds as if Jeno was going to interrupt him midway.

But the brunet boy was not going to do that, not when Jaemin seems like he's about to say something important rather than rambling about his worries of their relationship.

"I thought it would have been boring and that was honestly the original plan before we then decided to expose ourselves and let everybody else in this school know."

"I was going to ask you out on a date, but then we got a shit tone of homework to do... So that fucking sucks," Jaemin chuckles nervously.

He takes one of his hands out to scratch the nook of his neck while his lips stretches into a crooked smile. It has Jeno smiling fondly.

It warms his heart that Jaemin, who used to hate him (reluctantly so) and treated him like he was the enemy by acting like a total jerk (obliviously) or being cold, is now being sweet.

Which is funnily the same thing for Jaemin's perspective. Except; Jeno was not being an asshole to him, or even his friends.

Though Jeno had a confident and flirty image, Jaemin got to see his shy and tentative side.

"I also didn't really planned this out properly– I mean, yeah I did imagine things like possibilities."

"But, things got complicated with my friends interfering in the most immature way I could've imagined, I'm still really sorry about that." He mentions.

Jeno pouts once again hearing his genuine words, "before you continue, I just want to say and let you know that you really don't have the whole responsibility of their bad actions."

"Sure, you could influence them in a good way and things could have been handled properly, but obviously it didn't. Things went south."