𖤈 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑶𝒏𝒆: 𝑷𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔

The whole walk to Jeno's house was semi awkward, atleast for Jaemin it was.

They barely talked– which was super weird and off in his opinion.

Lee Jeno; the usual talkative, arrogant, shameless, flirty and outgoing person is completely silent.

All Jaemin could do the whole time was spare a glance at the younger boy to check what he's doing.

Jeno wasn't doing anything besides staring off. He was holding his small shopping bag in both of his hands, right in front of him as it slightly bounces around due to his moving knees.

He has his head hung low, only looking up to check out his surroundings and if they were getting near his house.

Jaemin, on the other hand, was silent as well. He has a hand in his pocket as the other one was holding his own shopping bag.

He wasn't sure what he was doing, and why he even offered to walk the younger boy home.

But it's already happening, and he might not admit it out loud, but he doesn't want to leave Jeno alone.

Well, today atleast.

Seeing the brunet boy suddenly on his own in the huge mall, his supposed date nowhere in sight as he was somehow crying– Jaemin couldn't bear with it.

There's a part of him saying that he could literally just part ways right here, right now and let Jeno walk home alone. Totally away from the toxic zone, like Renjun said.

But there's a bigger part of him that's saying he shouldn't do that and instead be a gentleman his parents raised him to be.

Besides, that part of him grows gradually as soon as they started heading off a few minutes ago after his first little glance at Jeno's state, he cusses to himself for doing this.

He might get scolded by his friends, which he doesn't blame them as he's also scolding himself now anyway. However, he just... Can't.

He doesn't exactly know what he's feeling or what he's thinking, all of this is a mess. He's so confused and angry but at the same time, he's proud and contented.

"We're here." Jeno's voice snaps him out of his stupor as he blinks furiously to look around, realizing they're right in front of Jeno's house gates.

There wasn't a lot of guards this time, just one who's looking at them from the guard house.

The man was holding his walkie-talkie just in case Jeno was in danger or something– kinda ridiculous as Jaemin's been here a few times now.

However, he wasn't making a move to head over– probably thinking the two highschool students are having a private conversation, which he's not too off as Jeno starts to move.

Turning his body to face Jaemin properly– yet he still doesn't meet him in the eyes– he mumbles, "thanks for walking me home."

Jaemin scans his facial expressions, "he looks so down." He thinks to himself as he watches Jeno's eyes looking anywhere else but him.