Back to the Pizzeria (Chapter Forty-Three)

You tapped on the steering wheel to the rhythm of the song that played on the radio. Freddy and Bon-Bon bobbed their heads side to side, and Foxy and Baby tried their best to sing along--although not being successful, as they didn't know the lyrics. Ballora tapped her foot along to the music, her eyes closed as she thought up a dance that went along with it.

You pulled into the pizzeria parking lot and parked the car. You looked up at the pizzeria and sighed. Freddy looked over at you as his head moved back and forth. You turned off the engine to the car and opened your door, the music stopping and everyone looking up at you.

"Ohh," Baby and Foxy whined.

"We're here. Maybe you guys should change back into your normal clothes," you announced as you shut the door behind you.

Everyone did the same as you and got out of the car. They all quickly changed to their normal clothes. Freddy ran across the front of the car and stood beside you. He and the rest followed you as you walked up to the front doors. You reached for the door handle, but hesitated. Freddy frowned and you took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Yay!" Freddy and Bon-Bon cheered in unison as Freddy ran into the pizzeria.

You walked in and looked around--you had mixed feelings about the place. Foxy and Baby raced to the stage, and Ballora walked beside you with the first aid kit and your bag of clothes in her hands. Freddy grabbed your hand, and you opened your mouth to say something, but Freddy pulled you with him. He ran over to the stage and jumped onto it. He stopped in front of the elevator and bounced as he looked between you and the doors.

"What?" you asked.

"Let's go down. Those mattress pads are probably still down there," Freddy replied.

"A bed? I'm going!" Foxy blurted, running over to the elevator and opening it.

You shrugged as Foxy jumped in, and you walked in. Freddy and Baby followed you in, and Ballora stepped up onto the stage. She stepped into the elevator as well and Foxy impatiently pressed the red button. The elevator doors closed and it descended. Foxy tapped his foot and crossed his arms as he waited for them to open.

When the elevator stopped and the doors opened, Foxy slid through the vent and quickly crawled through them. Ballora got in, then Baby followed behind her, blushing madly. Freddy was about to go in, but Bon-Bon pulled his hair back and Freddy stopped. Bon-Bon gestured for you to go in first and you did. Bon-Bon jumped off Freddy's shoulder and crawled behind you. Freddy started in, and Bon-Bon jumped onto your back.

"What are you doing?" you asked.

"Just . . . enjoying the ride." Bon-Bon giggled.

"That sounded wrong," you snickered.

"Hey, Freddy, look," Bon-Bon snickered as he pointed down.

"Huh?" Freddy wondered as he looked up, his face flushing as he realized what Bon-Bon was pointing at.

"What is it?" you asked.

"Nothing," Freddy mumbled as he put his head down.

"Freddy's just . . . enjoying the view," Bon-Bon snickered.

You stopped when you realized what he meant. Freddy continued crawling, not knowing that you stopped, as his head was down. Bon-Bon patted Freddy on the top of the head and Freddy looked up, his face going bright red. You jumped, feeling Freddy behind you, and you banged your head on the ceiling of the vent

"Ow," you winced.

"S-sorry," Freddy laughed nervously.

"It's okay." You rubbed your head.

Freddy laughed nervously and gulped, and you started crawling again. Freddy dropped his head and bit his lip as he followed you. Bon-Bon giggled and jumped off of you and onto Freddy. Freddy frowned and shook Bon-Bon off him.

"Hey!" Bon-Bon objected as he lay behind Freddy.

"My bad," Freddy sang mischievously.

When you got to the end of the vent, you stood up and looked around the small room. Foxy, Ballora, and Baby, had already went into Ballora Gallery. Freddy stood up behind you and stepped back against the wall, realizing that you hadn't moved and he was really close to you. You looked back at Freddy and grinned. He grinned back, and you stepped in with the rest. Bon-Bon grumbled as he crawled out of the vent and up Freddy's leg. He huffed and crossed his arms as he sat on his shoulder.

"It's nice to be back!" Foxy crowed as he sat on the foam pads--he had already dragged them out of the Breaker Room and in front of Ballora's stage.

"I do agree," Ballora said as she danced around.

"What do we do now? I feel like there's nothing else we can do," you wondered aloud.

"The company--"

"Yeah, I know, I can bring the company back, but like I said, I don't know the first thing about running a business. You guys don't get just how much it takes to run something like that," you confessed as you slid down the wall and sat down.

"That's okay!" Freddy giggled as he took your hand and pulled you back up. "We can start small. Maybe we should straighten up the place, first. You know, fix some things up?"

"I guess," you mumbled.

"Cheer up, buttercup!" Freddy laughed.

You smiled, and Freddy's grin widened. Bon-Bon shook his butt side to side as he prepared to jump onto your shoulder. He jumped off, but his hands slipped on Freddy's vest and he fell onto the floor.

"Pfft," you snickered, trying to hold back a fit of laughter.

Freddy burst out in laughter and you couldn't help yourself from joining in. You heard Foxy laugh, then Baby and Ballora joined. Bon-Bon looked at you all in offense, then he sat down and crossed his arms. He huffed and turned away from everyone.

Photo is by voxeu on DeviantArt