Dragon Tales (Chapter Thirty-Eight)

You walked into the hotel room and looked around. It seemed as though the hotel cleaning crew had already been around, as the beds were made and the bathroom had new bottles of soaps and towels put up. Your clothes from yesterday were also neatly folded on the sink counter--they also seemed to have cleaned them up too, which was nice of them. You slipped off your shoes and kicked them in front of the closet.

"When was it you were supposed to meet Afton?" Foxy asked as he fell onto his side of the bed and put his hands under his head.

"I think it was around seven? I don't remember," you mumbled as you sat down across from Foxy and leaned against the headboard of your bed.

"I hope you're right. You never did tell me," Michael said.

"Woah! When did you get here?" You jumped.

"I've been here since you came in," Michael replied.

Ballora and Baby sat on the other side of Foxy. Ballora sat beside Foxy with her legs crossed. Baby lay on her stomach with her head in her hands at the foot of the bed.

"I remember," Freddy began. "We were supposed to meet him at the pizzeria at 7:00 PM."

"Right . . . Wait, how are we gonna get there? We don't have a car," you spoke up.

"We can take a taxi," Michael told you.

"I guess," you muttered and opened your book.

Freddy crawled onto the bed and over you, sitting beside you. You dropped your book and looked over at him in an annoyed manner.

"What that really necessary?" you griped.

"Yes," Freddy giggled.

"What are we to do in the meantime?" Ballora wondered.

"You guys can watch TV, if you want," you suggested.

You grabbed the remote that sat on the bedside table and turned the TV on. You searched around for a piece of paper that had the TV guide on it. You opened the drawer, to see that the guide was set neatly under a book of the Bible. You searched through the channel names, thinking that since the rest were always around children, they would be familiar with a kid's channel. You put on PBS Kids. It seemed an intro for a show had just begun. "Dragon Tales, Dragon Tales, it's almost time for Dragon Tales . . ." the music played.

"Come along, take my hand, let's all go to Dragon Land!" Everyone--but Michael--sang in unison.

You smiled softly and looked back down at your book. You flipped to the page you were on last and started to read.

"There's Ord, he's the biggest," Foxy and Freddy sang, and you looked up.

"Not so brave at heart!" Baby and Ballora joined in.

"Um--"

"There's Cassie, so shy," Ballora and Baby sang.

"Also very smart!" Foxy and Freddy joined.

"Guys--"

"There's Zak and Wheezie in these tales of fun, 'cause you know two heads are better than one!" they sang together.

"Fine," you sighed then joined them.

"Dragon Tales, Dragon Tales, it's almost time for Dragon Tales. Come along, take my hand, let's all go to Dragon Land!" you all--but Michael--sang.

"Okay, guys, now can I read my book?" you groaned.

Nobody answered and you took that as a 'yes.' You looked at your book, finding where you left off. You paused when Freddy grabbed your hips and pulled you into his lap. You looked at him, but his eyes remained on the TV. You sighed and read your book as Freddy's arms hugged your waist.