The End? (Chapter Twenty)

"Ugh, what happened?" you groaned, holding your head.

You stood up and looked around, to see that you were up in the pizzeria. It was dark, so you could only see the silhouettes of things. The animatronics stood on the stage, staring off into the distance.

"Foxy, I know you don't like me and all, but that really hurt," you complained, looking up at him.

Foxy still stood motionless. You looked around again, wondering if this was a dream or not. You pinched yourself and realized that it was not. You reached in your pocket for your phone, but grabbed lint. Looking around, you spotted your suitcase on a table. You walked up to it and took out your phone.

"Still no service," you mumbled.

You looked back, sighing as you put your phone in your pocket. You spotted a silhouette standing in the corner, beside the breaker room.

"Hello?" you spoke.

"Hello, (Y/N)," a voice--sounding much like James's--echoed off the walls.

"James, is that you?" you asked, squinting your eyes to try and get a good look at him.

"I . . . am behind you," he whispered.

You slowly looked back and jumped when you saw James. You glanced back, seeing that the silhouette was still in the corner. James took a step towards you and you took a step back.

"What's going on?" you asked him.

"We should be asking you the same question," a man with a British accent spoke from behind you.

"What do you mean? Who are you?" you asked him, turning around.

"My name is William Afton. Tell me what all you know about my animatronics," he grumbled.

"I know . . . that you use them to kill children," you growled, stepping towards him as he chuckled.

"You're a bright boy," he mocked.

Your gritted your teeth and balled up your fists. You slowly walked towards him, staring at the only thing you could see of him: his silhouette.

"I also know that your 'creations' killed your daughter," you snickered.

"How do you know that?" Afton growled.

"Because she told me. She's been forced to watch the animatronics that 'you made just for her,' murder all the children that loved them like she did! She feels betrayed, and scared, and she can't move on, because her daddy doesn't care," you taunted.

"I do care! I told her to stay away from them, but she didn't listen," he argued as you got closer to him.

"Daddy, it hurts. Please make it stop. Daddy, why didn't you stop them? Why didn't you help me? I don't understand. Don't you care! Don't you love me, daddy!" you mimicked the little girl's voice, losing your cool the more you went on.

"Shut up!" he barked.

"YOU KILLED YOUR DAUGHTER AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!" you yelled.

"SHUT UP!" he boomed, grabbing you by the throat and pinning you against the wall.

Even as close as he was, you couldn't see his features. You could feel, though, that his hand was cold and seemed to be prosthetic.

"You can't take it back, Afton. It's too late," you wheezed as he squeezed your throat.

"Stop talking!" he demanded as he threw you to the ground.

You gasped in for air as you laughed. Afton kicked you in the stomach hard and you rolled over. He jabbed your ribs with his foot and a small crack echoed throughout the pizzeria.

"Stop it! Just, STOP IT!" he roared.

"What's wrong? Is reality fucking you in the ass!" you laughed as you stood up quickly, wincing at the pain in your side.

You stumbled backwards and threw your head back in laughter. Afton growled and jumped towards you. You stepped out of his way and he skidded to a stop and turned to you. His eyes glowed red with anger.

"Tch, tch, tch!" You waved your finger.

"YOU'RE DEAD!" he shouted.

"You gonna kill me, like you killed YOUR DAUGHTER?" you taunted him.

"Don't just stand there, you idiot! Get him!" Afton yelled at James.

As you walked backwards, laughing at Afton, James lunged into your side. He knocked you onto the ground and stumbled forward some. You grabbed your side as pain surged through it. Afton pushed James out of the way and towered over you. You scooted back some and grinned up at him, wincing at the discomfort in your side.

"I should've done this earlier," he growled as he grabbed a knife from his pocket.

Afton dropped onto his knees and stabbed you in the lower stomach. You hissed in pain as he slowly slid it out. He crawled towards you, and you inched back as blood dripped from your mouth. He stabbed you in the shoulder and pulled you towards him.

"Aah!" you cried and grabbed his wrist.

Afton sat on your stomach--keeping you in place--and flipped his knife. He lifted up the handle and bashed you in the forehead. You growled as you tried to push him away. He raised it up again and thrust the handle into your eye. You screamed as blood gushed from it. He lifted up the knife again and bashed it into your face, breaking your nose, busting your teeth, cracking your skull.

You coughed up blood as his movements got slower. He breathed heavily and stopped for a moment. You spit up and looked up at him. What started off as a chuckle, turned into a fit of hysterical laughter. Afton growled and turned the knife. He quickly shoved it between your eyes, abruptly interrupting your laughter. Your body went limp and your head wobbled after he pulled the knife out. Afton screamed and started to repeatedly stab you in the face.

"Afton, take it easy," James worried.

"DON'T . . . tell me what to do," Afton growled.

Afton stood up, hovering over your corpse. He let out a shaky breath and glared at you. Your face was now bloodied and unrecognizable. He stepped back and dropped the knife.

"We'll clean this up tomorrow. For now, just lock the doors. Nobody will be able to see it through the door," Afton panted.

"Okay," James said as he headed towards the front doors.

Afton slowly walked to James, who was holding open the doors for him. Afton walked out , and James locked the doors. He and Afton got into their truck and drove off. When the truck got out of the parking lot, the animatronics became animated again. Freddy hopped off his podium and ran towards you.

"(Y/N)! Come on, I-I'll fix you. Ju-ust get up," Freddy said frantically, holding you in his arms.

"Freddy, he's gone," Baby whispered.

"N-no, he can't be!" Freddy cried.

"Freddy, we saw it ourselves. He is dead," Ballora objected.

"We- I . . . could-ould've saved h-him," Freddy croaked, looking up at the rest of the animatronics.

"There was nothing we could do- nothing you could do. We would've been found out and dismantled," Baby said.

"I have to admit: I did hate him, I didn't like seeing him happy, and I loved it when he suffered . . . but damn," Foxy confessed.

"He did have his quirks, but he meant well, and that's all that matters,'" Ballora uttered sadly.

"I didn't ge-et to te-ll him th-that I loved him," Freddy mumbled as he hugged you tightly, Bon-Bon lying on your stomach.

"He will be missed," Baby whispered.

Photo is by Chant-Jasim on DeviantArt