Laughter is the Best Medicine (Chapter Nine)

It had been a few days since the party and your condition had been getting worse and worse. Being around so many children, there was no doubt you wouldn't have caught something. Yesterday, you developed a cough and a sore throat. Today, you had been getting headaches, you'd been running a fever, feeling tired, and now you were sore all over.

"Are y-you sure you don't n-need anything?" Freddy asked.

"Freddy, you've asked me that question over ten times in the past few minutes, and I'll say it again: no, I do not need anything, I just want to go to sleep," you groaned, balling up on the floor.

"O-okay. Ballora should be-be here in a few min-utes," he said.

"(Y/N)'s fine, he just needs to walk it off," Foxy scoffed while Bon-Bon glared at him.

Ballora had somehow obtained a human body. You didn't know, and didn't--nor did you want to know--how she did it. You gave her some money and she went to Walmart to get you some things.

Like magic, the sounds of machinery echoed through the Ballora Gallery. Ballora lowered and looked like she had bought the entire store. Baby grabbed the bags while Foxy watched.

"You could help," Baby mentioned.

"Yeah, I know," Foxy snickered, leaning against the wall.

Baby walked over to you and Freddy , and set the bags down. Ballora crawled over to you and sorted through the bags.

"Alright, first of all, I got you a few foam things to lay on," she said, sorting through things.

She took out three bags with foam mattress pads in them. You sat up and looked at the bags she set beside you.

"Then, I got you a couple blankets. I thought I might as well get you all that you needed, so I got you some real food--everything's in the fridge and the cabinets upstairs--and there are also more beverages up there too. I got you some things to clean yourself with; I didn't know which one was better, so I got you whichever ones smelled the best. The shampoo and conditioner are 'Mane 'n Tail'--one of the women were kind enough to tell me that that works well--and the body wash is tropical coconut. I also got a few other things, but I've already put them up," Ballora told you.

"Thank you." You smiled, trying to keep yourself awake.

"Can (Y/N) st-stay in my room?" Freddy asked.

"It depends on what 20 says," Ballora said.

"(Y/N), do you wa-want to stay in-in my room?"

"Hey, it's my room too," Bon-Bon nagged.

"Sure," you said and pushed yourself up.

Freddy put his arm around you as you almost lost your balance. He helped you walk into the Breaker Room. Baby came in and put the three pads on top of each other, next to Freddy's platform and against the wall. Freddy walked you to the foam and you lay down on it. It felt like you were lying on a cloud.

"I-is that comfy?" Freddy laughed.

Freddy ran out and back into the Breaker Room with the bags in his hand and arm stump. He set the bags beside you and took out the blankets. He spread it out and on top of you. You rolled yourself up in the blanket and smiled into it. You felt--and looked--like a roll of sushi.

"Now I'm too hot," you whined and pushed the blankets off of you.

Freddy giggled and sat next to you. You sighed and closed your eyes.

~ ~ ~ ~

You yawned as you opened your eyes. You felt a hand on your stomach and someone lying behind you. You rolled around and was face to face with Freddy. His hand was now on your lower back. He had a few of your shirts balled up and put underneath his cheek so his ear wouldn't break. His eyes were closed and every few seconds his ears would twitch. Bon-Bon lay on his back above you.