Being Watched (Chapter Thirty-Two)

You rode on Freddy as he galloped through the forest. Bon-Bon struggled to hold on to your shoulder. You looked back at the bag of fish--that was hooked on to Freddy's saddle--making sure it didn't open and spill out. Freddy whinnied and reared as he got to the camp site.

"Woah! What is this?" Foxy snapped.

"Don't get your panties in a twist," you sneered, and Bon-Bon sighed in relief as you hopped down.

You unhooked the bag and held on to it as Freddy changed back into his human form. Foxy frowned and tapped his foot as he crossed his arms. You opened the satchel, showing him the fish, and his attitude changed drastically as he grinned. You set the bag down and grabbed a handful of leaves. Foxy grabbed a handful of sticks and dropped them beside the firepit as he sat down on a log. You put the leaves into the pit and piled some sticks onto them. Baby and Ballora sat together on the other log.

"Does anybody happen to have a lighter?" you wondered sheepishly.

"I do. I also found a pocket knife," Baby said, holding them out.

"Where did you get those things?" Ballora asked.

"They were on the log, here," she said as she sat down.

"But I didn't see a lighter, nor a pocket knife, on there when we got here," Foxy muttered.

"They were on here when Ballora and I got back from the woods," Baby explained.

"That's odd," you mumbled.

Baby handed you the lighter and pocket knife, and you lit the leaves. You sat on the last log, and Freddy sat down next to you shyly as Bon-Bon sat on his shoulder. While the fire slowly started to build up, you took out a fish. You quickly cut off its head and heard a couple gasps. You gutted the fish and put all of the waste on the other side of the bag. You grabbed a sharp stick and stuck it through the fish, holding it above the fire.

"What do we do now?" Freddy asked.

"Well, we wait for it to cook. Foxy, can you do what I did with a few more fish?" you said.

"Yeah, sure," Foxy replied as you handed him the knife.

You grabbed the rest of the sticks that Foxy had handed you and tossed them into the fire. The fire roared as it engulfed the sticks. Freddy looked at you and smiled as you turned the fish. Bon-Bon nudged Freddy suggestively and snickered. You looked back at them and Freddy blushed as he waved shyly. You took out the fish and examined it.

"Who wants the first fish?" you asked.

"I do!" Foxy barked.

"Uh, not with your gut-covered hands. Why don't we give this one to Baby?" you said.

Baby grinned as you moved the fish to her. She grabbed it and pulled it off the stick. You watched as Baby tilted her head at it. She slowly bit into it, her face showing a mix of emotions as she chewed on it. She swallowed it down hard and bit into it again. You grinned and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Freddy asked you.

"I'm going to get more sticks. So we all can cook our own fishes," you said as you grabbed five sticks.

You walked back over and sat next to Freddy. You handed him, Ballora, Foxy, and Baby, a stick and kept one for yourself. You threw the one you used before into the fire. Foxy handed you, Freddy, and Ballora, a fish, and you all poked your sticks through them. He took the last one for himself and put it on the stick. You four put the fishes into the fire and waited. Baby's chewing was the only sound as the rest of you sat in silence. Everyone copied you as you flipped your fish and you smiled. The snap of a twig caught your attention and you quickly looked up.

"What is it?" Freddy worried.

"Did you guys hear that?" you wondered as you looked around.

"What, Baby's chewing?" Foxy snickered and she glared at him.

"No, I heard something in the woods," you mumbled.

"(Y/N), if you're trying to scare us, now is not the time. Wait until it's dark," Foxy snickered mischievously.

"I'm being serious," you said as you took out your fish.

Everyone did as you, and you made sure your fish was cooked all the way. You eyed the woods around you as you took off your fish. You sighed and bit into it. As the juice soaked into your taste buds, you smiled. You swallowed it hard as you heard another sound from the woods. You thought about going to investigate, but you knew that the first people to die in horror movies were the ones who went to check out the "strange noise."

"Are you gonna finish that?" Foxy asked.

"No," you muttered as you handed it to him.

"I don't want it," Foxy sneered in disgust as he tossed it into the fire.

"Are you okay, (Y/N)?" Freddy asked.

"Yeah," you murmured.

"Are you sure? Because, you seem to be a bit paranoid," Freddy worried.

"I'm not paranoid. It's just that I keep hearing these things out there, and I don't think it's just me," you mumbled as you stared between the trees.

"Well, why don't we go check it out?" Freddy suggested.

"Really?" you asked as you smiled up at him.

"Yeah, as long as you're with me, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. I want you to feel safe," Freddy admitted.

Freddy's face flushed as you smiled at him and blushed. You hugged him tightly and Freddy slowly wrapped his arms around you. Freddy stood and pulled you up with him. You looked around and walked towards the woods. A loud snap caught yours and everyone else's attention. You ran towards the sound and you heard rustling of leaves as, whoever was out there, started to run away from you.

"Wait, (Y/N)!" Freddy fretted as he followed you.

"Wait up!" Foxy exclaimed as he dropped his fish and chased after you.

"Are we really doing this?" Ballora complained as she slowly stood up.

Baby jumped up and followed Ballora as she started to run after you and the rest. You panted as you followed the sound of crunching and loud footsteps. Freddy yelled for you, but you couldn't hear him from the sound of your own heartbeat thumping in your ears. You slowed down as you got to a place that was covered in debris.

"Woah," you mumbled as you looked around.

"Thank goodness you stopped," Freddy huffed as he panted.

Foxy stopped as he reached you and Freddy--he seemed to be in good condition, as he just sighed. You looked behind Foxy and saw Ballora running as she held Baby's hand, Baby struggling to keep up with her. Ballora stopped abruptly and Baby ran into her back.

"What is this place?" Freddy wondered aloud as he got his breath back.

"I don't know," you muttered as you walked forward.

"It looks like something burned," Foxy stated.

"I hope nobody got hurt," Ballora murmured.

You ran your hand up a charred piece of wood as you frowned. You didn't know why, but the place gave off a sad vibe. You heard shuffling and you looked over. It came from an open doorway that was in a white bricked wall. There was a sign above it that made you raise an eyebrow.

"Fazbear's Fright?" you wondered aloud.

Photo is by UNKNOWN