Freddy's a Bear? (Chapter Seven)

After getting all the blocks put back into their box--and finding out that the plumbing still worked and there was plenty of toilet paper and trash bags--you rode the elevator down. You crawled through the vents and went through Ballora Gallery. You turned the knob of the door, but it wouldn't budge. You knocked on the door.

"Freddy, I'm sorry if I went too far. I was just trying to make Foxy mad. Please don't be mad at me," you spoke through the door, hoping he could hear you.

"Freddy's not mad at you. He's far from it!" Bon-Bon assured you.

You heard tapping on the other side of the door and it unlocked. You opened it up; Bon-Bon was hanging from the handle. You put your hands out and Bon-Bon dropped into them. You cradled him like a baby and closed the door with your foot.

After looking around the room, you spotted Freddy in the corner with his arms around his legs and his face in his knees; it reminded you of yourself when you first met him. You sat down beside him, leaning against the wall and trying to act casual. You looked at Freddy from the corner of your eye, his eyes shut and his ears twitching.

You mirrored him and sat with your legs to your chest. You laid your head on your knees and looked at Freddy. You sighed.

"Freddy," you said quietly, and his speaker hummed as Bon-Bon sat on your shoulder. "I'm sorry."

Freddy looked up at you, his face plates shifting into a frown. He put his feet together and you sat on your knees, facing him. You scooted towards him some, avoiding his eyes as you twiddled your thumbs.

"I'm sorry if I went too far. I was only trying to make Foxy upset," you mumbled.

You kept your head down and looked up at him. You felt ashamed--like a dog that had ripped up the last roll of toilet paper. Freddy put his finger under your chin and lifted your face to his. You blushed, both in embarrassment and shame.

"I'm not mad at you," he said.

"You're not?"

"No. I just- . . . You know th-those feelings I didn't know wh-ether or not I was hav-having? Well, I know now-now that those feelings are tr-true. I don't know wh-at to do," Freddy said, looking straight into your eyes.

"Why did you run off, then?"

"Because Freddy was shy, that's all!" Bon-Bon chuckled.

"Why would he be shy? What are those feelings?" you asked.

"W-well, I have . . . I-I have a- . . . a--" Freddy stuttered as Bon-Bon was sitting on the edge of your shoulder.

"'A' what?" you asked.

"A--" Before Freddy could finish, Bon-Bon fell onto the floor.

"Ow," he muttered.

"Oh, are you okay, Bon-Bon?" you worried, picking him up and cradling him in your arms.

"Yeah, I just hit my nose."

"Aww, I know what'll make it better," you said, before kissing his nose.

Bon-Bon giggled like a baby and you smiled. You looked back up at Freddy.

"What was that?"

"No-nothing," Freddy said happily, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh, okay," you said, then yawned.

You sat in Freddy's lap and rested your head on his chest. Bon-Bon snuggled up to your neck, and his ears twitched. You rubbed your head against Freddy and closed your eyes. He slowly wrapped his arms around you, making sure you were okay with it.