Wanted (Chapter Twenty-Eight)

"IT BIT ME!" you heard Foxy yelp as you became conscious.

"Shhh!" Freddy hissed as you opened your eyes.

You squinted as you looked around, the sun shining through the trees. You were out in the middle of the woods, still lying on Freddy's back. You raised up and yawned as you stretched. Freddy looked back at you and sniffed your face. He turned back around and growled at Foxy. Foxy stood and snarled back.

"What happened?" you wondered tiredly.

"I told Foxy not to mess with this bug, but he didn't listen, and it bit him," Bon-Bon snickered.

"Where are we?" you asked.

"We're at the cabin," Baby told you.

You looked over--the cabin was just at the edge of your sight. You looked back. Foxy swatted at the bug, and now looking at it, you saw that it was just an ant. Ballora stood on Baby as she watched Foxy. Freddy looked at you and you smiled.

"Why are we so far away?"

"That way nobody saw us," Freddy replied.

You slid off of Freddy and stood up. Freddy picked up the bag and handed it to you. The group followed you as you started walking towards the house, and you looked back at them, pointing to your eyes--meaning to make it to where only you could see them. They all changed back into humans, and you walked to the cabin. The wood creaked under your feet as you walked onto the porch. The couple's car was still parked in the driveway.

"I hope 'Ricky' is in a good mood," you mumbled.

You knocked on the door and held the bag in front of you, waiting for them to answer. Freddy looked softly at you and you returned the gesture. You knocked on the door again and waited. You heard muffled talking on the other side of the door and shuffling. The door opened and Ricky's face contorted into disgust when he saw you.

"What are you doing here?" Ricky growled.

"I'm sorry. I-I was just wondering if I could . . . maybe . . . crash here for a while?" You gulped.

"Who is it? OH, it's you!" the woman exclaimed.

"Hello." You waved to her shyly.

"Jay-Jay, why are you happy?" Ricky objected as he turned towards her.

"Babe, this kid is all alone," Jay-Jay said as Ricky turned and glared at you.

"Yeah, but . . . Ugh!" Ricky groaned.

"Come on in," Jay-Jay said, taking you by the hand.

You walked in and she led you into the living room. Ricky left the door open as he watched you, giving Baby, Ballora, Foxy, and Freddy, enough time to walk in. Ricky slammed the door shut and walked into the living room. He pulled out a chair and sat in it as you and Jay-Jay sat on the couch.

"What's your name, sweetie?" Jay-Jay asked.

"My name's (Y/N)," you informed her.

"Oh, (Y/N)'s a very beautiful name. And how old are you?" Jay-Jay gushed.

"Um, I'm eighteen," you told her.

"Oh. So, you're not a kid," Jay-Jay croaked and blushed.

"HA, NOW YOU CAN'T SAY, 'BUT HE'S JUST A KID!' " Ricky mocked her as he stood up and knocked over the chair.

Jay-Jay glared at Ricky, and he pulled up the chair and sat back down, lowering his head. Jay-Jay looked back at you and smiled nervously. Baby and the gang watched you, staying quiet as to not distract you.