What's Going On? (Chapter Ten)

"Okay, the rules are simple. The player turns around--or whatever--as the others come up with an order for them to go in. The player chooses one of them to quickly come up with a broad-ranging topic; examples would be, vegetables or brand names. The player, using the topic, has to quickly come up with a way to include one of the others' names into an existing thing: vegetable or brand name. Once they say it, the person who's next in the order that them and the others came up with, will say: 'switch.' The order will repeat until the player takes too long to come up with something, or until one of the rest thinks what they said isn't relevant--or good--enough." There was a moment of silence. "I may not have explained that well. Uhm, we'll do a practice round. I'm going to turn around as you guys come up with an order, and once you're done, tell me."

You turned around and covered your ears. You waited, and after a few seconds, you felt a tap on your shoulder. You looked back, uncovering your ears.

"Ballora's first," Freddy told you.

"Okay, Baby, come up with a topic." You pointed at her.

"Uh- Songs?" Baby mumbled.

". . . Really? You couldn't have come up with something easier?" you grunted.

"Get to it or we'll think you're cheating!" Foxy snapped.

"Okay, the next person will just have to say 'switch' when they want. Okay- Hey there, Ballora! What's it like in Baby's Rentals? I'm a third a yard away! But, girl, tonight you look so pretty! Yes, you do! These lights can't shine as bright as you! I swear, it's true!" you sang.

"Switch," Foxy said.

"Um. Fo-o-xy, I know your foremost turns everyone on! But you're the one I want! But you're the one I want!"

"Switch," said Baby.

"I really can't stay-- But, Baby, it's cold outside! I've got to go away-- But, Baby, it's cold outside! This evening has been-- Been hoping that you'd drop in-- so very nice!"

"Sw-switch!" Freddy cheered.

"Uh- Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Freddy, so it goes. Some things are meant to be. Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you." Freddy blushed brightly.

"Switch!" Bon-Bon jumped in.

"Bon-Bon's the one, don't weigh a ton! Don't need no legs to get respect up on the street! Un--"

"What is that?" Bon-Bon interrupted you.

"It's a meme song. I think it's from Denzel Curry."

"Bon-Bon, do you count it?" Foxy asked, and Bon-Bon looked away from you, shaking his head. "You're out!"

"Wha- Bon-Bon?"

"I'm sorry," Bon-Bon mumbled.

"Fine," you sighed. "You guys get the game?"

"I believe so." Baby looked at the rest and nodded.

"Alright, Freddy, you can go first."

Freddy closed his eyes and you and the rest pointed to each other. You guys came up with an order and you tapped on Freddy's shoulder. He opened his eyes and looked over at you.

"Baby's first. Freddy, pick someone to say a topic." You chewed on your ice.

"Bon-Bon, pick-pick some-thing." Freddy waited for a second. "That sou-sounds like a good ch-choice, Bon-Bon! What do y-ou think?"

"Freddy, I still can't hear Bon-Bon's thoughts," you reminded him.

"Pizza toppings." Bon-Bon giggled.