Chapter 36

Zarah

During the next day we were busy trying to organize everything for our flight to Italy to see my godfather, zio Alphonso.

Telling our families about Jason's condition was a lot harder than I thought. I can't even begin to imagine how Jason was feeling right before he told our families. But I'm glad that they finally know what's going on. We really need all the support we can get.

"Babe, are you ready? Don't forget your meds okay?"

"Yeah, I've got them here in the sack. I brought extra too," he yelled out from the bathroom.

"Okay. Good."

"Relax babe," he said as he wraps his arms around me from behind.

I leaned back into him.

"I'm just nervous and... Would it be weird if I said I was excited?" I asked.

He smiled. "Not at all. but babe, I don't want you to get your hopes up and then..."

I turned around against him and out my finger up to his lips, to silence him. "No negative thoughts remember? Besides, I have a good feeling about this. I just know that this is it. That we're going to get our miracle," I said with a smile.

He returned my smile and brushed his lips against mine.

"I love you," he said.

"Love you too."

"I'll never get tired of hearing that from you," he said.

I snuggled in his embrace. "Hmm, I sighed. "Me too. I do love you."

"So fucking much?" He asked.

I giggled and nodded.

"Come on babe, you can say the 'F' word. You said it once before," he teased.

"I was mad," I scowled. That was the first time I ever swore.

"You were pretty mad," he agreed.

I nodded against him.

Then we were quiet, just holding each other. I know that Jason is nervous and worried. I know that he's not hoping that this time the doctor's findings will be different, but I have to believe that it will be. Zio Alphonso is known for doing surgical procedures that may seem impossible to other doctors.

I won't lose Jason.

I can't lose Jason. So whatever we have to do, we'll do it.

I pulled back.

I cupped his face in my hands. "I'm not going to let you die, Jason."

He smiled tearfully and nodded.

"I love you so much angel."

"I love you too."

***

"Are you ready?" I asked Jason.

He smiled nodded. "Ready Angel."

"All right. I promised to call Mass and Ellie before we leave. Let's call them on the way to the Tarmac," I said.

He nodded. "Yeah. I promised to call my brothers too."

I called my brother and sister as we were driving on the way to the airport to let them know that we were on our way.

We're flying on Jason's private plane to Italy, so the long trip won't be so uncomfortable. I'm worried about Jason since his headaches are occurring more frequently now. He woke up in the middle of the night with a terrible headache and it's going to be difficult if we were flying commercially.

***

When we arrived in Venice twelve hours later, we headed to Jason's apartment. I didn't even know he owned one until we were finalizing our plans to fly here.

The apartment was spacious. There were three bedrooms and three and a half bath. The kitchen was huge. There was a sitting room as well.

We settled in the master bedroom.

Our appointment with Zio Alphonso is in the morning at nine in the morning. So we decided to have an early night.

Jason's housekeeper and cook prepared some food for us and left it in the refrigerator for us to heat up when we got there, so we didn't have to worry about cooking or ordering take out.

We ate dinner in silence. I think we were both nervous and tired. Then after eating dinner we got ready for bed, where Jason held me in his arms as were lying down in bed.

I heard Jason take a deep breath.

I can feel his heart beating so fast.

"Babe, are you okay?" I asked.

He nodded and winced.

"Do you have a headache?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Babe why didn't you say so. You need your meds," I said. "Hold on. Let me get it for you." I turn to the end table beside me where I had his meds and a glass of water ready for him.

"Here," I turn back to him.

"Thanks," he said.

He sat up on the bed and leaned against the headboard bringing me with him.

"Angel, I need you to listen to me," he said in a serious tone.

"I don't like the sound of that," I mumbled.

"I know baby, but please listen to me," he said. He tilted my chin up so I was forced to look at him. "Whatever happens tomorrow, I love you. In case..." He started to say and I shook my head fiercely and opened my mouth to say down thing but he put he kissed me to silence me. "Please just listen, Angel."

I nodded.

"In case there is nothing else the doctor can do. Let's accept it. I don't want to spend all my days trying to find help or a miracle. I don't want to spend the rest of my days getting tests, shots, MRI's and all that. I want to spend them with you. With our family. I want us to make a lot of memories together. Happy."

Tears rolled down my cheeks and he missed them away.

"Jason..."

"I'm dying. I want to experience as much as I can. I want to build wonderful and happy memories with you. I don't want our memories to consists of doctors."

"Jason..." I sobbed.

"Shh... It's okay Angel."

"You're not going to die," I said fiercely.

"I'm going to fight as long as I can, Angel."

We cried in each other's arms.

"I need you, Angel. I need to make love to you," Jason said.

I nodded. "I need you too," I said

He kissed me.

He made love to me so passionately and tenderly.