Chapter 5

Zarah

He'd kissed her.

Actually kissed her! Put his mouth on hers. The arrogant, son of a bitch...

And you let him!

You didn't push him away. You kissed him back! I told myself.

I groaned. His mouth was still as firm and soft as I remembered.

Anger washed through me.

"God. I let him kiss me! How could I have let that happen?"

Memories of the night came flooding back in.

The pain and the humiliation.

"Don't mistake lust for love, sweetheart"

"What we were about to do was just a way to scratch an itch..."

"This is about sex... Don't feel special sweetheart..."

"I could fuck any girl tonight..."

His words continued its assault in my head.

I shook my head.

"I'm going to make him regret his words. I swear it. I'm going to make him fall in love with me. I'm going to seduce him and make him want me. Then when he is hooked, line, and sinker, I'm going to humiliate him the way he humiliated me," I said to my self. "I'm going to make him want me. Make him beg, and this time, I'll be the one to leave him humiliated and heartbroken," I vowed.

"You won't even know what hit you, Jason Bradley Henderson!"

Jason

I kissed her.

Fuck. I kissed her. And it was damn good!

I lay in bed and I can't stop thinking about the kiss Zarah and I shared. The way she felt in my arms. I've imagined having her back in my arms again, a million times. I never thought it would become a reality... And tonight...

Shit. Thinking about it was making me hard again. It doesn't help that I haven't been with anyone since... Oh fuck. It's not like I didn't try... I just... I couldn't. It never went as far as dinner with the women I tried to date. All I could see was Zarah's face. No other woman could compare to her. I couldn't even get it on. I always find a reason not to. It was the wrong body. The wrong eyes. The wrong hair colour. Fuck.

It was the wrong woman. Period.

Not the one I wanted.

And now... Zarah... I don't think I can stay away... I don't want to stay away from her.

"You're a fucking idiot, Henderson," I snarled. "You have to fucking stay away from her!"

I'm Jason Bradley Henderson, CEO of Henderson Inc. The Golden One. I'm in control of my life, of myself, and my emotions, I thought to myself.

"You can't have the girl Henderson. You are not right for her. You're just going to hurt her."

I threw my covers off of me, and climbed out of bed. I decided to workout instead.

I jumped in the treadmill, and just ran like a mad man. I kept running and running.

An hour later, I was exhausted. I showered quickly, and fell into bed and asleep in seconds.

Zarah

"You're lucky, I adore this little man! How can you do that to me, Ellie?" I said to my sister as I looked down at my nephew.