Chapter 9

Zarah

When Jason told me he was taking me to Il Gusto, I got really excited because I've been wanting to go there, but I just never get the chance to. I have heard a lot of good things about the new restaurant. And I can't wait to try delicious meal.

As we pulled into the restaurant parking lot and headed inside. I wondered what had come over Jason, and he asked me out. He's different. There's just something different about him and I can't quite put my finger on it. Even during our drive he seemed nervous and uncomfortable. He was quiet and he was gripping the steering wheel so tight, his knuckles were turning white. Then I took pity on him and finally decided to break the silence and start a conversation with him. Only then did he seem to relax a little bit.

Sitting in the car with him had been torture for me too, but I tried to act as relax as I could. But his scent was driving me insane. I can't even describe it. It's his natural masculine scent that drives me crazy. It always has. He evoked feelings in me that I've never felt before and I hate him for that. I also hate myself for feeling the way I do. I shouldn't be feeling these things for him. Not after the way he hurt me. But damn him. The desire to run my fingers through his hair and pull him towards me was so strong.

When we walked inside the restaurant, we were led to a small intimate table for two at the corner of the restaurant. I quickly looked around once we were seated. The whole place exudes elegance and class, and yet it feels welcoming.

"Your server will be right with you," the man said.

"Thank you," Jason said.

The waitress came over and her jaw literally dropped at the sight of Jason. I cringed in annoyance on the inside. Could she not be anymore obvious.

"Angel? Zarah?"

"Huh. What?" Great now the bimbo is going to think I'm a blabbering fool! "Sorry... I was just thinking."

Jason smiled. "That's okay angel. I was just asking if you would prefer white or red wine?"

"Oh... You choose it doesn't matter to me," I said.

Jason didn't seem to notice how the bimbo waitress was staring and eyeing him. I felt better knowing that he wasn't paying attention to her at all. Well, I guess he's used to the attention, considering his reputation.

The waitress then left to get our order.

"Do you know what your going to get yet?"

I nodded. "Yes. I think I'm going to have the Magret De Canard."

He looked surprised at my choice. Then he smiled.

The waitress came back with our wine and took our orders. Jason ended up ordering something that sounded delicious though I don't know what it is.

"You're French is good," I complemented him.

His eyebrows shot up. "Really?"

"Yeah. I mean it sounded good," I said.

He laughed. "Thank you."

"I'm not very good with French. I know just the basics. How are you? What's your name and that's it." I said as he chuckled. "I'm serious."

"You're French was good too," he said talking about how I recited my order.

I chuckled. "I fake French," I joked.

He laughed. "I didn't know you can do that," he teased.

"Trust me, I love French cuisine like I said, that's why I can pretty much say a French menu in perfect accent, but ask me what they are, I'm clueless."