Chapter 40

Zarah

Luke, Ethan, and I followed the nurse to Jason's private room. He was placed in the same room he was in before the surgery.

"He looks like he's just sleeping," Ethan said.

I nodded.

I looked around him and there were tubes and machines everywhere. His head was covered in gauze. He was hooked on the machines surrounding him.

I stood a few feet away from him. I couldn't move.

Luke and Ethan went over to him and talked to him. Saying that they were so proud of him and that they were waiting for him to wake up.

When they were done they looked back at me.

Luke motioned for me to come closer.

I slowly moved closer not taking my eyes off of Jason.

"We're gonna go back to the private room, I know you want to stay here with him. We'll give you some privacy," Luke said.

I nodded. "Thank you."

"No. Thank you," he said. "Thank you for making my brother happy."

I look up at him and smiled.

He hugged me tightly. Ethan did and said the same thing to me before they left.

I took Jason's hand in mine.

"Hi honey," I said. "I'm so proud of you for making it through the surgery. You must be tired, so just sleep and gain your strength. But don't take too long sleeping okay? I need you to wake up soon. I love you so fucking much," I said echoing his words. "I'm going to be right here when you wake up. I'm not going anywhere."

I grabbed the chair over at the table and moved it next to the bed so I can be close to him.

I noticed the book I had with me, still sitting at the end table.

The letter... He told me about the letter he wrote.

I walked around the bed and grabbed the book.

I opened the page where the letter was.

To: My Angel, it said.

A part of me wants to read the letter, but a part of me doesn't. He wrote this letter in case he didn't make it, and I told him that I wasn't going to read it because he will make it. And he did.

I look back at my husband.

"You made me curious you know," I said. "I want to read this so badly, to know what you wrote inside. But knowing you, I think I can already guess what you wrote in this letter and the answer is no. I could never love another the way I love you so don't even think about leaving me," I said. "Don't you dare leave me Jason Bradley Henderson!" I said sternly.

I put the letter back in place and put the book back on the table.

Then I smiled at him.

My husband. My sweet and loving husband. Always thinking about me and always wanting to take care of me.

I walk over to him and kissed him on his cheek.

"I love you baby, so fucking much," I said.

I don't know if he can hear me, but other people say that sometimes they can. So I'd like to believe that he can hear me. I want him to know how much I love him and that I'm waiting for him. We're waiting for him. I placed my hand on my stomach protectively.

"Your daddy loves us very much," I said. "You're one lucky little peanut."

***

Zio Alphonso came by a couple hours later and checked on him and the machines.

Just One Night With You (Book 3 in the Just Series)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें