Chapter 24

Jason

I rolled onto my back, taking her with so she was draped over me.

"You were incredible sweetheart," I said.

She rested her hands on my chest and propped her chin on them and smiled shyly.

"Who knew that my Angel was a very naughty girl," I teased.

She sank her teeth on my shoulder, making me yelp.

"Ow."

"Hey, I was just saying... I think you damaged my eardrums with all your screaming," I joked.

She scowled and pouted and bit my shoulder harder.

"Ouch. Shit. baby, don't be mad."

She giggled. "I can't believe I was that loud too," she admitted shyly.

I chuckled. "Hey babe, would you mind checking my scalp?" I asked propping my head up so she can get a better look.

"Why?" She asked as she checked it.

"I don't know, I think I'm bald in a few spots there... Someone was pulling on my hair incredibly hard," I teased.

She smacked me lightly on chest and burst into a fit of laughter.

I laughed too.

"You're teasing me," she pouted once her laugh subsided.

I kissed her pouting lips. "I love you, Angel."

"I love you too, Jason."

I kissed her temple and pulled her close to me.

We fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms.

***

I woke up to my alarm early the next morning with a big grin on my face.

I look down and find Zarah peacefully sleeping, using my shoulder as her pillow. Her arm and leg flung on top of me.

I kissed the top of her head.

What a great way to wake up, I thought to myself.

Then it all came back to me. Memories from last night.

Our love making.

My smile grew wider, then I realized I had to leave.

Damn it. This not the way I wanted things to play out.

I could cancel... No. Fuck. I can't cancel.

You'll be back in two days, Jason! I told myself.

She stirred in her sleep and snuggled closer to me.

I kissed the top of her head again. "Angel, wake up. Wake up, babe," I said.

She stirred again. Her eyes fluttered open. Her face broke into a smile.

Hi, Angel. Good morning," I said giving her a quick peck on her lips.

She grinned. "Good morning. What time is it?" She asked.

"It's five in the morning. I have to leave in two hours for New York. I hate to leave like this sweetheart but, I have to. It's important and I'd cancel if I could..." She put her finger to my lips, silencing me.

"Jason, it's okay. It's not like you're leaving and not coming back. I understand. You do what you have to do and I'll still be here when you come back."

I smiled and kissed her. "I'll be back in two days. Sooner if I can help it."

She chuckled. "I'll be here," she said.

"Go back to sleep then sweetheart. It's quite early. Oh shit, don't you have to be at the shop?"

She shook her head. "I told Karen, I'll be in late today. I'm going to the centre today before I head to the shop," she said. "I'm gonna get ready after you."

"Okay. Let me prepare a bath for you. You need a soak in the tub to ease the soreness," I said.

She blushed. "I'm not that sore..."

I smiled. "You'll feel better after a soak in the tub Angel. Trust me." I said.

"Fine. You're the boss."

I smirked and kissed her one last time before I climbed out of bed.

I prepared a salt bath for her. I walk back into the bedroom and carried her out of bed and into the tub.

"Stay," I said.

"What am I? A shih tzu?"

I laughed. Kissed her again, and headed for the shower.

As bad as I want to make love to her again, she's sore and I've got to get going if I want to make it to my appointment.

I step out of the shower and find Zarah leaning her head back, eyes closed, with a smile on her face.

I bent down and kissed her.

"What are you smiling about Angel?" I asked.

"Nothing... I'm just so happy. I know it's only going to get better between us," she said.

I smiled. "I'm going to the everything I can to always make you happy. Whatever happens Angel, I love you, please believe that," I said.

She smiled and lifted her hand up to my face. "I believe you and I love you too."

I kissed her quickly on the lips. My dick is getting a little too excited.

"All right babe. I'm going to get ready you stay here. I'll have David come back for you later to drive you where you need to go. He's at your disposal while I'm away," I started to say.

She shook her head. "No, that's okay amore, I'll just..."

"No. Angel, I'll feel much better if David is here to see you around. You know what, when I get back we are going to talk about this more."

"About what?"

"About getting you a driver. I don't understand why..."

"I want my independence. I like the fact that no one is waiting on me," she said.

"Baby, please. Now that you're with me, the fucking paparazzi are going to be hounding you. They're going to be following you, I'll feel better if I know you're not an easy target."

"But..."

"No. No buts Angel. Ellie and Ara knows this. That's why they understand the need to be protected at all times when they leave the house."

"But Jason..."

"We'll talk about this when I get back. Angel, just please trust me. Please do this for me. Have David take you around."

"Ok. Fine. But we're still going to talk about this, Jason," she said.

I nodded.

***

"Alright, I'm all set Angel. David will be back in an hour. Take your time, okay?"

She nodded and wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm going to miss you," she said.

"I'm going to miss you more Angel," I said.

I pulled back and cupped her face and kissed her.

"You make me not want to go," I groaned.

"You have to. So go..." She said releasing me and pushing me out the door.

I chuckled. "I'll call you okay?"

"You better," she said.

I enter the code for the elevator and stepped inside.

She blew me a kiss right before the door closed.

Once the elevator door was closed, I leaned back on the wall and closed my eyes tightly.

I hope everything goes well. Please, just let everything be okay, I prayed.