Chapter 32

Jason

I walk inside my apartment and found my angel standing there with a relief look on her face. But there was something else. There was frustration? Curiosity?

I walk over to her and wrapped my arms around her and I kissed her.

"Jason..." I didn't let her speak. I cut her off by kissing her.

"Jason..." She said again.

I shook my head. "Please, Angel. I just need to hold you right now. I want to make love to you... I need to make love to you. Will you let me?"

She nodded.

I covered her mouth with mine.

I pulled back and suddenly my vision wavered.

I blinked a few times.

Fear gripped me.

I froze.

"Jason? Honey? What's wrong are you okay?"

Zarah. My angel.

"Is it your headache? Is it back? talk to me honey?"

I closed my eyes and hugged her to me.

I silently prayed. Oh god. Please. Not like this. Oh god.

"Jason. You're scaring me. Talk to me," Zarah was starting to tremble in my arms.

I pulled back with my eyes still closed.

I prayed one last time. Oh god. Please. Please.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

A sob rose in my throat and I pulled her back against me and hugged her.

Thank you. Oh god thank you.

"Jason?"

"Shh... It's okay babe. I just missed you. That's all. I love you," I said.

I pulled back and I knew she didn't believe me. I know that she knows that something was going on.

Before she could ask me, I kissed. her.

I lifted her up in my arms and carried her to our bedroom.

I laid her gently on the bed. "So beautiful. You're so damn beautiful angel. You never fail to take my breath away."

I kissed her and made love to her all night long.

Zarah

"Hey girl," I said as I greeted Ellie and Ara.

"Hi," they both said.

I sat across from them.

"My goodness. It feels so good to finally have a girls day out," Ellie grinned. "I love my baby, but I needed this girl time."

Ara and I both chuckled.

"So, Zar how are you and golden boy?" Ellie asked.

Live it to my sister and her sassy mouth to be direct.

"He's hiding something from me. I know it. He gets this look as if he's scared. I don't understand. Then he seem to be always emotional around me. He would hold me so tenderly. So tightly, like he's afraid to let go. Then last night he came home late and I was so worried sick. When he finally arrived home, he pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. Then he pulled back and he had this look on his face. Kind of like a confused look. He started blinking really quickly and I could tell he was getting scared. Then he hugged me so tight, he cut off my breath, I swear. Then he was okay again. He was hugging me and... I don't know. I don't understand. He's scaring me. He has a secret and I know it's bad."