Chapter 4

Jason

"Do you have a ride back to your place?" I asked Zarah as we were walking out of the opera house.

"No. I'm just going to take a cab," she said.

I frowned at that. "Non sense, I'll take you home Angel," I noticed her flinch at my endearment. I don't know why, but the first time we met each other, I found myself calling her Angel. For me she is one. I guess it's how I would describe how she looked that day when we first met. She was like an angel. Someone that lightens and brightens your day. Makes everything feel better.

"Come on, Zar, let's take you home," I said.

She shook her head. "It's fine Jason. I'm just going to take a cab."

"Zarah, it's late. Do you honestly think, I'm going to let you take a cab at this hour?"

"Why not? It's what I want," she shrugged.

"Don't be stubborn, Zarah. It's late at night. It's not safe..." I started to say but she cut me off with a wave of her hand.

"Jason, you're exaggerating. It's not that late. It's only 10pm..."

"No. No arguments. Get inside the car, Angel."

"No. And please stop calling me Angel," she hissed.

"Car. Inside. Now."

"No! And don't tell me what to do. Do I look like a poodle to you? I already told you, I'm taking..."

"Zarah, it's either you get inside the damn car, or I will put you in there myself," I said daring her to defy me.

"You wouldn't dare!" She glared at me.

"Try me," I said smugly.

"You're a bully!" She bit out.

I make a move towards her intending to make good on my threat. She instantly stepped back.

"Okay. Okay," she said quickly holding up her hand to stop me, and she reluctantly climbed into the car. Stomping her foot like a child the whole way.

I smirked.

"Address?" I asked Zarah.

She grudgingly recited it.

"To, Ms. Anastasi's David," I said.

"Sir," he said in acknowledgement.

Zarah sat at the other end of the vehicle and looked out the window with her arms across her chest. I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped me.

She turned towards me and glared at me. "You think this is funny?"

"You're too damn adorable, angel," I said.

"I told you not to call me that!"

I shrugged. "You didn't mind before," I said and instantly regretted it at the flash of hurt that crossed her eyes. But it was gone so quickly as if I had imagined it.

But I didn't...

I saw it...

She didn't say anything. She ignored what I said, and turned away from me to look back out the window.

I sighed and I grabbed her hand and tugged her towards me. I caught her off guard and she squealed.

"What are you doing?"

"Shhh. Be quiet woman. I have a headache," I said as I tucked her next to me and wrapped my arms around her. She stiffened in my arms.

"Let go of me," she demanded.