Chapter 29

Jason

"You need to always keep your meds with you because you never know when your next headache will strike. You need to be prepared," the doctor said.

"Babe are you okay? you look serious over there," Zarah asked.

I forced out a smile. "I'm just thinking."

"About...?"

"About how much I love you."

She giggled. "I love you too, honey. So damn much."

A swell of emotion rose inside me and tears welled in my eyes.

Damn it, Henderson! What the fuck is wrong with you?

"Honey, what's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh nothing. Come 'ere"

She laid the knife back on the counter and walked around the kitchen island. I swivelled my chair around so she can stand in between my legs.

I wrapped my arms around her and rested my forehead against hers.

I breathed her in. I could never forget her scent.

I kissed her forehead. I love feeling the softness of her skin against my lips.

I pulled back and looked into her eyes.

She grinned. "Well who knew, Mr. Man-whore golden boy is such a zap?" She teased.

I laughed. "Only for you, Angel."

She laughed. "Still trying to make up for breaking my heart huh?"

I smiled at her teasing. "Always," I said and hugged her to me.

I closed my eyes tightly.

I'm so fucking scared.

***

The next morning, I woke up early and decided to prepare breakfast in bed for my angel.

I look at everyday now as a blessing. Being able to wake up and see my beautiful angel's face is definitely a blessing.

She gives me the strength to look forward to everyday. She gives me the strength to live... The strength to fight...

I smiled and kissed her on her forehead before easing off the bed as quietly as I could.

I stood at the foot of the bed and a funny, warm feeling swept through me.

I smiled at the sight of her lying on my bed.

Damn. I love seeing her on my bed.

Move damn it. Move and go make your Angel breakfast, I told myself.

I quickly make my way to the bathroom to do what I usually do in the mornings.

I wipe my face with the towel.

Alright time to make breakfast for my angel, I smiled to myself. But my plan was halted when I walked back into the bedroom and saw my angel.

She just woke up, and was sitting up on the bed, her eyes were still sleepy, her hair was mussed.

She turned towards me and when she saw me, she smiled.

My breath caught in my throat and I swallowed hard.

How can someone look this beautiful in the morning?

She never fails to take my breath away.

"Good morning," she said.