Prologue

A little over a year ago...

Zarah

"Please, I want you," I begged as Jason trailed kisses down my throat.

"I want you too, Angel," he murmured against my skin.

"Oh god... I... I... Need to tell you something," I stuttered. I found it hard to say what I needed to say when he was doing amazing things to my body.

"What is in Angel?" He asked as he continued his assault on my body.

"I... I... Haven't. I haven't done this before," I finally got out.

He stilled. He pulled away and looked at me with shock and horror.

"I trust you Jason. I want to be with you," I assured him. "Please. Please don't stop."

He shook his head and moved away from me. "You're a virgin?" He asked but it sounded more like an accusation. "How can you.... Fuck. This is wrong. We shouldn't have done this. I shouldn't have done this. Look, Zarah just forget about everything that happened tonight. It was a mistake," he said and I felt like he just stabbed me in the heart.

Pain and humiliation washed through me.

"You can't mean that..." I whispered. "Don't say that. I want to be with you. Jason, I know that we haven't known each other long, but I trust you and I know this is crazy, but... But I love you," I blurted out. God I love him. I'm madly in love with him.

He recoiled as if I just slapped him. "Don't mistake lust for love, sweetheart," he snarled nastily.

I staggered back. Tears welled up in my eyes.

Oh god.

My heart twisted painfully.

"You can't mean that..." I said again. Refusing to believe that I meant nothing to him. That what we shared tonight meant nothing to him.

"Zarah, I'm a man, and you're a woman. We have chemistry. I thought you were experienced, I didn't think you were innocent. I'm not the right guy for you."

"But, Jason, I love you. I want to be with you. I want..."

"Stop!" He bit out. "Stop this non sense about love. Look, what we were about to do was just a way of scratching an itch. Don't put any romantic notion into it. Love was never a part of this. This is about sex and an opportunity presented itself. Don't feel special sweetheart, I could fuck any girl tonight and it wouldn't make a difference to me. But I refuse to sleep with a virgin."

"You're a bastard!" I bit out.

"Sweetheart, I can assure you. I'm not a bastard. I can show proof of my legitimacy if you want," he snarled.

I shook my head as my tears threaten to fall.

I bit my lip to keep my tears from falling. I refuse to let my tears fall. I refuse to let him see how much his words have hurt me. I don't want to give him that satisfaction.

He was staring blankly at me. His eyes held no emotion.

But I can't let him have the last words. I want him to know that he didn't break me.

"I feel sorry for you. You're right. You can have any girl you want, but at the end of the day your life is empty. You go home to an empty house and sleep on an empty bed. I meant it when I said I love you. Because as crazy as it sounds, I really do love you. Just one night with you and you've managed to make my heart soar," I paused trying to keep my emotions at bay. "What I didn't expect was that, you're going to kill my heart in the same night. I am not just another warm body. I'm going to find that one person, who's going to love me in the way that I deserve." I forced out a laugh. "I love you and I would have loved you forever," I smiled weakly through my tears. "Goodbye, Jason."

I shook my head and willed my legs to move and leave, before I completely lose control and break down in front of him.

***

When I got to my room, I jumped on the bed, and I buried my face in my pillow and cried.

I cried for what seemed like forever until I had no more tears left. I never knew this kind of pain exists. The kind of pain that eats away at the soul.

"This is all your fault. You are so stupid. Ellie was right. You're too innocent and far too trusting," I scold myself. "Well no more!"

"You're no longer going to be the sweet, innocent Zarah. No more of this foolishness. From now on, I won't let anyone take advantage of me or fool me. From now on, I'm going to be strong." I said to my self.

"This is the last time you will ever shed a single tear!" I vowed.