a chance encounter

Written by princealliance (anaksemuabangsa)

When Johnny agreed to go out with Sehun, this is not how he imagined his night ending.

———————————————

It's not that he doesn't know what he's doing here, exactly. Johnny knows, of course he does. He was the one who'd agreed to come out in the first place. It's just not his usual crowd. Though he supposes, nothing could go wrong with a little sunbae-hoobae interaction. Johnny fishes out his phone, scrolls up his chat with Sehun to make sure he'd gotten the right address.

The club is unassuming. No neon lights in sight. Just one steel door with a stocky, short man at the front. The man is so obviously a guard of some sort that Johnny wants to roll his eyes at the poor attempt of hiding the place. He doesn't, though. He still values his face and his teeth. He approaches the man instead.

Johnny's not famous enough to be recognizable on sight. It's no surprise that the man eyes him up and down with suspicion when Johnny stops to greets him. Still, Johnny bristles inside.

"Who are you here with?"

"Sehun," Johnny says, "Oh Sehun."

"Johnny?" The man asks, turning up a bright grin as he says his name. "Sehunnie's been waiting for you, come on in."

The man ushers Johnny inside, locking the door behind Johnny. And Johnny only has a split second to wonder how and why Sehun is first name basis with the bouncer before he's being assaulted by the loud EDM blaring from the speakers. Jesus it's loud. Johnny winces, pulls out his phone again to text Sehun that he's there.

Johnny wanders to the bar, takes note of the rich and famous people he spots there. Hanging freely from each other's arms. Men and women. Women and women. Men and men.

Alright, then.

He flags down the bartender and orders a rum and coke. Nurses it for a while until his phone dings again.

from: Oh Sehun

to: you

where are you?

from: you

to: Oh Sehun

bar

It doesn't take long for Sehun to find him, draping a gangly arm around his shoulder. Toned chest pressing against Johnny's back through his thin shirt.

"Johnny-boy!" He yells into Johnny's ear. "You're here!"

He jostles Johnny's drink in the process and Johnny laughs, turn around to give his friend a one-armed hug. "Are you drunk already?"

"Not nearly." Sehun grins. "Come on."

Sehun drags him by the wrist through the dance floor, over to a booth secluded in the corner. He plops down immediately on Baekhyun's lap upon arrival, giggling when said man only sighs and starts nosing Sehun's nape, arms snaking around Sehun's middle.

"Hey, man." Chanyeol extends a hand out for Johnny from the other end of the circular seat. Johnny takes it and slides himself next to Chanyeol.

"I don't believe we've met."

Johnny blinks, looks across the round table at the only other occupant there, leaning calmly against Baekhyun. Smiling charmingly at him.

"Won't you introduce us, Sehunnie?"

"Oh right," Sehun says, waves his hand about. "Johnny, you haven't met Xing-ge yet, have you?"

"Hello," Yixing leans forward, interlocks his fingers on top of the sticky table. Dimpling. Johnny swallows. "I'm Yixing."