Insatiable

Written by kyao

In a world centered around the animal-human hybrids, there is an unspoken rule that it is said to be impossible for herbivores and carnivores to be sexually compatible.

And yet, Yoongi and Jimin make it work. They always have.

(also known as the 10 instances yoonmin discover their love for one another.)

—————————————————————————————————

The first hybrid human was discovered by the humans by pure coincidence.

Nobody knows how it had happened exactly- how it had become possible, but the humans didn't question it much. Seeing that these beings didn't pose much of a threat to the rest of humankind, there wasn't much discourse about co-existing with such unique beings.

They'd simply been accepted into society without question, their species recognized as being part animal-beast and part human.

And amongst humans, that's exactly what they were known as.

Beasthumans.

These particular hybrid-humans were known to have unique animal features and attributes, whether it be a tail, animal ears, scales, or even wings- and just as quickly as they'd appeared, they'd begun to populate the world with staggering numbers.

With the rise of the beasthumans, more and more had emerged around the world until it had become increasingly more common to see them out about- with many of these carnivorous beings having bigger, more muscular bodies and herbivorous ones with their typically smaller and leaner forms.

Distinguishing between the species was easy, and from the surface, mostly done visually. In this way, it was rather simple. By looking at their tails, their ears- it was easy to make a rough guess about what hybrid they were.

That was the beauty of it.

Because soon, these beasthumans had become the majority of the grand population- the new norm- and the world had only continued to change for them. Society had evolved to cater to the beast men- these unique half animal and half human beings, in general.

The world had become centered around their kind, with many of these beings outliving the older generations of humans. Being a carnivorous hybrid or a herbivorous hybrid was enough to reflect one's self worth and what they were valued as.

Which was how the new societal caste system was first created. What had first started as a stupid ideology where a hybrid's role in society was solely determined by their species had become the new way of defining the beasthumans within their respective caste.

Which was, in Jimin's humble opinion, a load of crap. None of it made any sense to him, so why did society have to abide by such stupid rules and constructs?

That's what he hated- the fact those at the top of society were the carnivores. The wolves, lions, tigers, panthers. The big, scary carnivores- many of whom held their status with a bit too much pride.

Because for those at the top, you had everything.

Not only did their caste system cater to the needs of the dominant carnivores and their primal urges - but it reinforced asserting said dominance over those beings who were placed in the lower caste levels.

The lower carnivores, the domesticated dogs and cats. Smaller-known beasts.

And lastly, under them, were the hunted.