𝟬𝟮𝟴

"guys, can we get back to work please?" ms fairchild said as she enters the room.

lexy quickly went back to her seat, giving junior a quick smile. junior stayed and looked at amity.

"i'll talk to you later, i promise." amity told him as she softly gave him a smile, him responding with a nod.

he walked towards his seat as ms fairchild explains to them. he glanced at her seeing her still looking at him with bit of guilt. he smiled lightly at her, saying to her that it's okay.

"so, i have some good new." junior's dad started.

amity is currently seating beside junior's mom. junior and her were about to talk earlier after school when his dad came to take him and jake home. he insisted on letting amity join them for dinner since it might take some time for it to rain. he's right cause right now thunder can be heard while they eat.

"you do?" his mom asked, a thunder rumbles.

"i made a few phone calls.. thanks to a favor owed, junior, you're still going to nationals next month." his father said.

junior stopped his eating looking at his dad, not interested about the news.

his mom glanced at her son and back at her husband "is that really the best idea? the doctor did say that junior was-"

"i missed regionals cause i was in the hospital. i didn't qualify for the nationals." junior cutted his mom, looking at his dad.

"isn't that kind of unfair"

"let this be a teaching moment, kid" his dad started "in life, when you get advantages, you have to take 'em.. so in a week or two, you're gonna-"

a phone buzzed stopped logan from continuing his speech. both jake and amity looking at each other. amity signaled for him to check his phone as he did.

"in a week or two, we're gonna have you back out there running." he continued, smiling at his son "i even got you a trainer." he looked at his wife who smiled forcefully.

"that guys, dobbs. he's the best."

junior just caressed the back of his neck.

his dad held his hand and tapped it at the table "that's okay, right?" he asked.

junior glanced at amity seeing her looking at him already.

"logan-"

a phone buzzed again, interrupting them.

"jake, please, no phones at the dinner table." bree said.

amity signaled to him again to check his phone again. as jake went to check his phone, junior checked.

"what's she doing texting you?" he asked "she hasn't returned my texts all day."

"okay. phone, now." bree indicates jake to give his phone to her.

"sorry, i- i can't do that" jake stuttered.

"you can have it back after dinner."

amity sent jake a confused look, asking what is it about just as his phone buzzed again.

"yeah, hand over the phone, jake." junior said.

"no" he answered making junior scoff and went to reach it.

"boys" his mom tried to stop.

"what are you doing?" "give me the phone, assbag!" "boys, seriously!"

logan had enough, he went to reach for his son, stopping him aggressively by holding his arm "hey!" junior looked at him, the girl flinching at the sudden movement.

"drop it" he said, junior placed the phone at the table right away.

jake slowly took his phone before glancing to amity who's still shocked, he walked away. junior soo following going at the stairs.

"junior, wait" amity said but he ignored her continuing to go upstairs.

"i'm really sorry" she apologized at the two remaining wheeler sitting at the table before standing up and following him.

holy shit. 2.15k reads