𝟬𝟮𝟯

"look, please, i promise you. you do not want to do this" lexy said. "shut up" the detective answered.

the detective keep glancing at the creepy dolls head while the three are seating behind the cop car car.

he took the doll from its seat and getting out.

"wait. wait. no" the three exclaimed.
"just wait here" he mumbled as he ignore them once again.

"hey!" amity shouted and they started pounding at the window as he closed the driver seat's door.

they kept pounding and shouting at him to stop but it was pointless as he brought himself inside with the doll.

a woman walked towards the car and opening it. the three of them hurriedly gets out and started running to catch the detective. jake was just behind amity as the woman stopped him.

"not so fast." the woman, devon's mom stops him. lexy running back at them.

"i need a word, in private" she said to him.

"go get him" he told the two girls. both of them glancing between the two. lexy held his arm "thanks for not letting go." she thanked him and runs back inside while amity looked at jake, nodding her head to him and following her inside.

the two girls stomps their way at caroline's room, swiftly not noticing the detective sneakily getting his candies of the machine and the doll sitting.

as they made it to the room, they saw her parents sleeping with the chairs outside the room.

they walked inside the room and see a nurse inside.

"excuse me. hi." lexy greeted. "um has anyone been in here in the last two minutes?" she asked.

"i don't know, maybe brought a doll for my sister?" as lexy asked the nurse, amity is looking around, might got the chance to see them.

"no, i haven't seen anyone." the nurse answered.

"okay, uh, thank you."

she and lexy looked around the table filled with gifts for her sister's recovery and under her bed, checking for the doll.

lexy sat at the chair beside her sister, taking a hold of her hands, she was staring at her sister when she notice a familiar doll figure went pass the room.

looking at each other, lexy stood up and they walked out of the room looking around.

"lexy" someone called from behind them, making them jump and gasp and turned around.

"don't do that" amity said, pushing him by his shoulder.

"hey, have you seen jake?" he asked, worried.

"your mom's got him." lexy answered.

"shit. okay." he cursed and started to walk away from them.

"wait, hold on. what is it?" amity stopped him.

"i need to talk to him, i found out some stuff about his doll." he answered.

"his doll? what is it?" lexy asks

"it'll sound crazy-"
"devon, just tell us." amity cutted him.

devon glanced around, checking to see if someone might hear him.

"come back to my room. we can talk there" he said, the two girls answering him with an okay and following him. as they starts to follow him, amity saw a suspicious looking mom with a baby in her hands looking at them with creepy smile.

and what they didn't know is that they just passed the chance to catch the doll as him and the detective went inside the room.