𝟬𝟮𝟭

"yeah, it did." he ignored the disbelief look amity was giving him. he was too ashamed to look at her.

"why didn't you just say something?" lexy asked. "because i didn't think it would make a difference." jake replied "but i'm not a mind reader" lexy stated.

"you don't have to be a mind reader to know that it had gotten that bad. you dressed up as jake's dead dad, what do you think he'd feel? happy? excited that someone had remembered his dad's death? are you really that stupid?" amity butted in.

"how would i know how upset he is?" lexy stupidly asked. "yeah well, usually when you treat people like shit they get upset." jake answered.

"but, you didn't just get upset. you wanted to kill me" lexy responded

amity is once again confused. what the fuck are they talking about

"i didn't know what else to do, alright?" jake said "so you went straight to murder?" lexy asked, she too was in disbelief with her situation.

"like amity said, you dressed up as my dead dad in-front of everyone." he exclaimed.

"i know but still, there's gotta be something really wrong with you to wanna kill someone-" her sentence was cut by jake.

"but i didn't wanna kill somebody, alright? i wanted to kill you."

"jake" lexy was taken aback by his words. even the girl who's been listening to their conversation was stunned. she remembered when jake ask for her advice. she didn't think that he really had think about killing.

"because you're a bad person" jake added, pointing his finger at her "you treat everyone around you like they're nothing and you just expect them to take it" he continued.

"stop it!" lexy shouted at him, taking a few steps back "jake, please stop." amity whispered

"i wanted you to die but not because there's something wrong with me, its because you fucking deserved it!" jake spats.

lexy let out a scream as she continued to step back from him, she fell backwards of the railings of stairs.

"lexy!" amity exclaimed, reaching her hand to hold her from falling. lexy looked at her, her eyes watering. her feet is dangling in the air, she's scared for her life.

"amity" lexy softly muttered, her teary eyes looking at her with plead to not let her go "no it's okay, i wont let go" amity reassured the scared girl. she tried pulling her up but she was too weak to do it on her own.

"jake, help me!" amity demanded the boy who was staring at them with a scared look in his face. but he soon walked towards them helping her to lift the girl up.

suddenly, they heard a maniac laugh as amity saw a doll standing. half of the doll's face was burned down but she recognized it.

"it's the easiest thing in the world, jake" it spoke "just let go"

"this ain't a coincidence, jake. this is a crossroads" the doll continued. "this is life giving you a second chance to be the man you know you wanna be"

amity tightened her grip to the girl, she also could feel jake did so too.

she was beyond confused why a talking doll is encouraging jake to let go, but she knew that she wont let her fall.

1.22k reads. thank you