𝟬𝟮𝟰

"charles lee ray, the famous serial killer from hackensack."

"who?" lexy asks

"holy shit" amity exclaimed. making the blonde glance at her in confusion.

"wow. do you read anything other than 'teen vogue'?" devon asks to her in disbelief. the blonde only shrugged in response.

"well, anyways. charles lee ray was a serial killer who dies in the '80s. i mean, he terrorized chicago for years. prolific. they call him the lakeshore strangler, but he never really strangled anyone. i mean, he was more of like a mangler or a butcher-"

"devon, the point." lexy cutted his explaining getting impatient.

"fine" devon annoyingly sighed and threw his arms in the air.

"do you know the website Urban Legend: Fact or Fiction?" he asked

amity raised her hand "i do.", while lexy just shaked her head "do i look like a nerd?"

"well, there's this urban legend about charles lee ray. it's crazy but who knows? maybe not." he stated.

"it's about that good guy doll, isn't it?" amity asked.

she remembered herself coming across that urban legend on the internet before her family move to hackensack, she was just doing a little research about the place, but she didn't really paid attention to it.

"like chucky?" lexy asks her

"exactly." devon said. "you see, charles lee ray was shot and killed in a toy store at chicago, but supposedly right before he died, he transferred his soul to a good guys doll, and that doll is still out there killing, supposedly." he explained.

"it's not a legend." lexy said as she stands up.

"you have to believe me. chucky is alive." she stated, staring at him.

"come on" devon answered, he thinks she's joking.

"no, no, amity saw it. i know it sounds crazy, but.... it's not just alive." lexy said.

"he is trying to kill us" amity continued for her.

they're conversation was cut off when they heard the an alarm blaring.

"code white."

"resuscitation teams and defib, priority one."

the three of them quickly ran out of the room and runs towards caroline's room.

as they are near the room, they saw jake and mrs. evans looking at the room. lexy lightly pushed jake out of the way to see  her sister.

"what's going on?" she asks, her eyes not leaving her sister's.

"tell us what's happening"
"please hurry" lexy's parents voice is filled with panic as they saw they're younger daughter.

"just let the doctors do their job." mrs. evans told them "that's the best thing you can do for your sister right now" she added to lexy.

the nurse stopped on her tracks, looking at the floor seeing blood spreading to the floor and her shoes. she slowly walked towards the other side of the bed, instantly screaming at the sight she have seen.

mrs. evans rushed inside, and the adults also checking. lexy's mom let out a scream as she saw the terrifying sight.

screams and panics filled the room while the four teenagers are outside looking.

jake turned his head, grabbing his attention at the table. he nudged lexy while devon and amity looked at him and looked towards where his looking. they're eyes widening.

the doll with a melted side of his body, sitting at the table looking towards them. he raised his arms and flipping them of with its middle finger making them gasp and jump.

1.41k reads. thank you so much