𝟬𝟬𝟳

the news of jake wheeler's dad has spread around hackensack like fillings in sandwiches.

it has been a days, weeks since they last seen jake. some felt bad, some just wanted to make his life a living hell.

amity is pedaling her bike, on her way to school while wearing her headphones and humming to the rhythm of music.

a car went past her, the boy at the back seat looking at her as they went past her. "junior did you hear what i said?" the man driving called his son who's seated beside his cousin. junior nodded.

locking her bicycle at the railings, she make her to the school and spotting the curly haired boy.

"hey wheeler!" she shouted to the boy, running towards the boy as he finished talking to oliver.

the curly haired boy noticed the girl shouted his last name, turning around and facing her. they didn't notice also a certain wheeler caught his attention standing beside his girlfriend.

"how are you holding up?"  she spoke, slightly out of breath from running towards the boy. "almost fell but get to hold up for more" he answered.

the girl chuckled, amused at the humor he gave her.

"did oliver gave you an invitation to his party tonight?" she asked as they walked together "yeah but i'm still thinking about it" he answered.

"wait" she told him opening her bag and grabbing her journal. she opened it after taking out the polaroid picture that is taped to a page. it was the picture of jake and devon, the day at the cafeteria.

"i had the thought you might wanna see this." she said, handing him the picture "to help and make you feel better" she added as slowly took the picture from her hand.

"i- thank you" smiling lightly to her, she responds with a smile back "really thank you, amity" he said bringing the girl for a short hug.

"no big deal, but we have to go" she stated, dragging the boy inside while he place the picture in his pocket.

(amity's costume at the party)