Protector and Betrayer

Natsuki's POV

If I imagined this would happen then Kazuko wouldn't be in that situation...

Many events happened; we met Princess Abi, a new hero called Hijiri who turned out to be a paper doll with Kikyo's appearance and now, Kagome got mad at Inuyasha all of a sudden because of who I just mentioned... Kikyo... Kagome finally confirmed she was still alive. She sounded to be fine, but Kazuko wasn't... she has been corrupted by darkness...

So ungreateful of Kikyo, haven't she realized Kazuko risked her life for her? Thanks to her she's now a prisoner of Naraku. I suppose she doesn't care... what a pathetic woman...

At another place...

"You didn't have to help me" an old man said.

"It's nothing sir, it's a pleasure to help" a girl gave him a smile.

"Well then thank you, may I ask your names?" he asked.

"My name is Kazuko sir and he is Kohaku"

"Well since a kid and a half demon woman saved me, I owe you my life" he smiled. "And where are you guys going?"

"We don't have a place to go" Kazuko said.

"Then you should go with me to my village, it's a really peaceful place!" he said.

"Are you sure? We don't want to cause any trouble" she said.

"It's no problem, it's over there!" he pointed forward where the village was located at.

The village received both Kazuko and Kohaku with pleasure, they didn't try to kill Kazuko for being a demon, instead they gave her a warm smile and respect.

The old man brought them to a house to work with them, Kazuko and Kohaku didn't mind so they helped them carry the wood to another place, but they didn't know they were walking across the palace.

The old man stopped them explaining they couldn't walk there when suddenly the wife of the lord noticed their presence.

The old man quickly knelt down begin forgiveness for both, she said it was no big deal but she suspected something on them and asked to see their faces. Kazuko and Kohaku looked at her confused, she asked if they haven't see each other before and the old man responded they were new in the village.

The wife nodded still unsure of the answer and turned to Kazuko again.

"What's your name, miss?" she asked.

"I'm... Kazuko, my lady...?" Kazuko said feeling a little nervous.

"Don't be scared" the woman said and noticed her ears. "Are you... a demon?" she asked.

Kazuko nodded. The woman then looked at her clothes. "And also a priestess?" she asked again.

"Yes miss..."

"You must be really good with this position" she said.

"Well people is usually scared of me because I'm a half demon, so they don't ask me for any treatment"

"I see... then... I would like you to come with me..." she said.

Kazuko looked at her confused. "I would like to have you in the palace as a protector for my child, you must be strong and powerful" she gave her a smile.

Kazuko smiled back and stepped inside of the palace. Kazuko turned to Kohaku who also smiled.

Kazuko followed the woman to the room of a sleeping baby.

"This is my son, he is a really calm and good kid" she said.

"He is such a cute baby, I promise I will protect him!" she said.

The woman nodded, however, she didn't know Kazuko was already assigned to this mission before...

The woman told her servants to bring some clothes to Kazuko. Later in they brought them. Kazuko put them on and followed the woman now with role of protector.

At night, Kazuko kept an eye on the woman and the baby while they were asleep. While she looked at the kid, she couldn't stop feeling down, she could remember why she came to this place with Kohaku. She didn't want to do it, but if she refused, Naraku would kill her.

The chirping of birds approaching got Kazuko's attention.

"Those birds..." she thought.

Suddenly, her body froze up...

"Kazuko... protect the baby...."

The same order repeated over and over. Kazuko had to protect that baby no matter what.

"Miss..." she called the woman.

She woke up and asked her what was happening.

"We are being attacked, we have to take the baby to a safer place" she said.

Guards came to the room with more escorts to protected the wife. The woman grabbed the baby and went with them to another room. Kazuko stayed in front of the group and kept an eye on the door if someone got inside. One of the birds was on fire and tried to attack when Kohaku appeared using his weapon to slice it up. Kohaku tried to persuade them to get out, but they didn't want to so Kazuko convinced them saying it wasn't safe anymore. Now fully convinced, they walked out of the palace and more guards approached.

Kazuko and Kohaku remained close to the woman, Kohaku using his weapon and Kazuko using her claws. They continued fighting, Kazuko felt important for protecting this people who were nice with her and she wanted to continue like this but...

"Kazuko... take the baby and kill all the people around you... DO IT!!"

The same voice that scared her was talking...

"Kill them... Kill them all..."

"Kazuko... thanks to you and Kohaku we are safe..." the woman said.

"You two are really good at this! You will be paid for it..." the guards said, but none of the pair answered.

"Are you okay?" they asked.

Kazuko looked down blankly and then again to them, but now with the scary demonic eyes. She grinned and slide one of the guards with her claws. Kohaku did the same with his weapon.

"Why are you betraying us?!?!" they demanded.

Again, none responded.

Kazuko ran and killed each one and now she turned to the female guards. Kohaku killed two of them and now Kazuko did the same with the only one left. Kohaku killed three of the wife escorts and now Kazuko killed the one left next to the wife. The wife was scared and asked why they were doing it. Kazuko grinned, but tears appeared, she was crying.

"I don't want to kill her..."

"Kazuko... who is controlling your mind?..." the woman asked.

Kazuko couldn't stop thinking in the demon that prisoned her, there was no escape than only death, what could she do?

Sango appeared looking at Kohaku and Kazuko with blood in their clothes. The woman decided to run while the two siblings stared at each other. Kazuko returned to her normal look then. She felt uncomfortable so she decided to leave to follow the woman.

When she found her, she was already on the ground and Kana was holding the bay. She concluded Kana killed her...

Kana started to walk away and before Kazuko could follow her, she knelt down to the woman and touched her head.

"I'm sorry... I hope you can live peacefully in the heavens..." she said and left.