Chapter Sixty-Two: Reunified

"You're sure you want that fabric for the dress, and not... this one?" Gianna asks me.

It's been a week since I'd discovered my missing sisters, and Gianna was still insistent the wedding planning must go on.

"Yes, I'm sure, Gianna. Genevieve? What're your thoughts?" I ask her as I stand in front of the mirror, holding a piece of fabric up to myself.

"It beautiful, My Lady. Something new, but with accents of your old gown" Genevieve replies.

"This one it is then" I reply, admiring the fabric again.

"Perfect! It comes in two colors, black and white. The black version will take longer to be shipped here, but I'll put the order in right away so it'll get here as soon as possible" Genevieve adds.

"That's alright. White will be just fine" I reply, receiving two shocked looks from both ladies in the room.

"Are- are you sure My Lady?" Genevieve asks.

I look at her as if I don't understand her confusion.

"Quite" I reply simply, returning to admiring the fabric.

"Very well... I'll have that in right away" Genevieve replies, heading off to her task.

Gianna starts after her, then her gaze lingers over me one second longer before she eventually exits as well, leaving me alone with the glorious fabric. I hold the fabric in my hands, running my fingers along the silky folds, but am distracted by someone abruptly opening the door. My attention is pulled away from the fabric and towards the Butler who's burst into the room, a shocked expression across his face. He doesn't need to say a word for me to know what it means. I drop the fabric on the ground, bursting out of my room. My heart beats faster as I rush down the hallway, down the grand staircase, and out into the front entryway as a sleek black carriage arrives, and the door is swung open.

Samael steps out first, as he did before, followed by Mr. and Mrs. Moreau, who step aside as Samael glances at me with a smile, then extends his hand, which is taken by a small hand, which I recognize immediately. Primrose steps out of the carriage, followed by Avelyn. Their dresses look more worn than they usually did, and their hems a little dirtier, but I can no longer contain my excitement as I see them, and I run towards them. We all embrace each other, the tears immediately coming to our eyes, and all the Moreau's watch as my parent's biggest dream comes true right in front of their eyes.

We were all together again.

And nothing would break us apart ever again.