Chapter Fifty-Nine: Lost Yet Home

I wake up the next morning, and roll over onto my side, reaching my arm out and expecting it to meet Samael's warm skin, but instead my hand hits cold sheets. I open my eyes in confusion, noticing only now that the bedroom is empty, and Samael is nowhere in sight. I yawn, blinking the sleep from my eyes and sitting up, pulling back the covers and exposing myself to the cold morning air.

I grab my black silk robe from the closet and pull it on, tightening the ties around the wait, and tying them in a loose bow in the back before heading towards the door in an attempt to find Samael. The second I leave the safety of my bedroom, chaos circles around me. Maids bustle around carrying stacks of laundry, various trays filled with dishes, curtains made of expensive fabric draped over their shoulders, and yards of lace trailing behind them. Gianna walks about the hallways, ordering all the staff around, and I promptly drop my gaze as I see her, trying to hide amidst the stream of servants as I start walking away from her briskly.

"Amaris? Was that a ring I saw?" She says as I turn my back to her.

I stop in my tracks, cursing silently to myself before turning around to meet her eyes with a passive aggressive smile.

"Yes. I believe I've always worn one" I reply.

Gianna shoots me a disapproving look, then approaches me swiftly, grabbing my hand and turning it over to examine the ring.

"This isn't Cael's ring" She says as she examines it closely.

"Really? I hadn't noticed" I retort.

"This is from Samael? When did this happen?" She asks me.

"Last night. I must say, I'm surprised by you're reaction when you are indeed the one forcing us to get married" I reply.

"I did no such thing. I recall the decision was mutual" She replies.

I shrug, looking her up and down.

"Same difference" I reply after scanning over her.

I break away from her, starting off towards the main entrance of the Estate.

"And where are you going off to?" She calls after me.

"To find my fiancé" I reply, not stopping.

"I don't think so, Your Grace. You have dress measurements to be getting to!" She say in return.

"Genevieve already has my measurements, just ask her" I reply, refusing to stop my mission.

This whole situation reminded me too much of the first wedding I'd planned, and I find myself in desperate need of fresh air, so I exit the Estate, entering the gardens and and walking out towards the training grounds in hope I'll see the trainees in action. When I approach, I do in fact see the trainees, and among them a certain lost fiancé, who moves through the drill effortlessly and powerfully. He seemingly moves in slow motion, and I watch in fascination as the wind thrashes his curls around.

"Samael Moreau!" I call to him with a slight smile, crossing my arms.

My voice catches his attention and he breaks away from the others, running over to me.

"Future Mrs. Moreau" He says as he approaches me with a smirk.

"You know you don't have to keep attending training now, right?" I say to him.

"It hasn't even been twenty-four hours and you're already ruining my fun" He says with a playful smile.

"I'll have to see what I can do to change that" I reply slyly.