Chapter Nine: The Bathhouse

TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT

The Barracks are completely silent as I walk down the hallway to my room, collecting a towel and my uniform before heading towards the Bathhouse. There wouldn't be anyone in the Bathhouse this early.

I shiver on my way up to the Bathhouse, despite Cael's cloak that I hold tightly around me for warmth, and I'm relieved as I open the doors to the bathhouse, immediately greeted with a warm steam surrounding me and warming me back up.

I remove Cael's cloak, folding it neatly and placing it at the side of the spring. I then proceed to peel off my soaked clothing, leaving it in a pile next to the cloak before stepping into the hotspring, immediately relaxed by the warm water.

I submerge myself in the steaming water, closing my eyes and releasing a relieved sigh before beginning to wash my dirtied skin. The smell of the pond water quickly washes away, replaced with the flowery scent of the hot spring's water, and I inhale deeply, filling my nostrils with the sweet smell.

I'm enjoying myself so much, that I'm unaware of the sound of the bathhouse's door as someone enters behind me.

"Well, would you look at that. It's the teacher's pet herself" I hear someone sneer behind me.

My first reaction is to cover my upper body by hugging myself, and my second is to look over my shoulder to meet the eyes of the intruder.

But were they really intruding if this was a public bathhouse?

I immediately recognize the man as one of Arthur's friends. Or should I say minions. Arthur stands nearby, stock still with a surprised look on his face as he glances back and forth between me and his friend.

"Excuse me, do you mind?" I question, subtly asking them to leave.

"Yes, actually. We do mind. This is our bathhouse afterall." Arthur's friend replies.

"No. This is a public bathhouse, meant for the usage of trainees. Which I am" I reply.

"Yes. And so are we" he replies.

"Fine then. Will you at least pass me my robe?" I question, motioning towards my clothes at the side of the hotspring.

Arthur starts towards the robes, but his friend beats him, picking up the robes and shooting Arthur a sly smirk before making direct eye contact with me and dropping my clothes into the hot springs water. Arthur shoots me a troubled look. One that almost looks apologetic for the events that will follow, and my heart begins to beat faster as his friend begins to enter the hot spring.

"Well. Since We're all trainees, you won't mind sharing, will you?" He asks as he approaches me.

I clench up as I feel the water behind me ripple as he approaches me. I stand there in disgust, unable to do anything as Arthur's friend reaches out towards me and slowly caresses my bare shoulder. I close my eyes, a frustrated tear rolling down my cheek.

"Touch her again and I'll break your neck" I hear another voice join in.

Arthur's friend quickly removes his hand and swivels to look towards the door of the Bathhouse, where Cael stands with a cold expression. I release a relieved sigh as Arthur's friend removes his hand from my shoulder, covering my mouth with my hand in an attempt to cover my sob.

"Get out. Both of you. Now" Cael says to the boys, who pause for a second in surprise.

"Now. Before I snap both your necks and leave you for the coyotes to eat" Cael adds, sending the boys into fullspeed out of the bathhouse.

"Don't trip on your balls on the way out!" Cael yells after the boys disapprovingly.

I just stand stock still in the hot spring staring directly at the wall in front of me.

"Here, take this. I'll be right outside" Cael says once they leave, handing me my dry towel from the side of the hotspring. I take it carefully and watch as he leaves before exiting the bathhouse and wrapping myself in the towel, leaving my pile of wet clothes in an attempt to leave the bathhouse as soon as possible.

I shiver as I walk outside, my wet hair chilling me. Cael is standing right outside the door and hands me his robe again, that he picked up from the side of the hot spring. I wrap myself tightly in the robe, as if the pressure of the robe against my skin will help me forget about what just happened.

"Are you okay?" Cael asks me as I wrap the robe around me.

I'm unable to answer his question with words, and instead answer by releasing the sob I was holding in. His face seems to break with my reaction and he opens his arms out to me.

"Come here" He replies, welcoming me into his embrace.

I allow myself to be surrounded by his strong arms, resting my head on his chest as I sob.

"I'm so sorry" He apologizes as I sob.

I feel safe in his embrace, so I stay in it until my sobs start to slow and he pulls away from me, looking into my watery eyes.

"Come with me" He says with an empathetic tone, beginning to lead me away from the bathhouse.

I follow him willingly, happy to be away from the scene of the crime.