79. karma police

𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒

OTG APARTMENT

1:00 PM

mikasa came back to her house to see layla seated at the kitchen table eating a salad. while in the car she asked you to take a screenshot of everything she said to you a few months ago. you didn't really understand why but you did it anyway.

this gave mikasa a chance to see everything that had gone on behind closed doors.

"oh you're here earlier than expected." she said, mid chewing.

"yeah, i got your text when i was out. since i was in the area i stopped by." she said, kicking off her shoes to leave at the door and walking in. "where is everyone?" the sound of her keys jingling in her hand echoed through the house

"out."

"i thought this was a meeting?" she raked her fingers through her hair cooly before sitting across from the ash brunette.

"it is, everyone is here." she said, wiping her mouth with a napkin. "it's just us."

'still never covered the tattoo...'

"uh okay? well can we wrap this up, i have a baby to watch in a few hours so..." she tapped her fingers on the table anxiously

"we won't be long...i've noticed- i mean we've noticed your lack of interest in work these past few months. ever since the breakup and that concert and your ex going fucking viral, it was a lot." she got straight to it

' well i know what this is about now'

"i would know...i was the one who went through it, ha ha." mikasa said dryly

"yeah, it seems that you're a bit distracted. so uh-what's going on?"

"look. as my employer i really don't think this is a conversation we should be having. if you wanted to speak to me regularly you should've said that. but lying about your intentions was just weird."

"okay well not as your employer as a roomate, bandmate, and a friend...what's going on?"

"nothing."

"i noticed your uh...your tattoo. you stopped covering it. so it made me concerned if you're depressed about her again?"

"i went swimming and i keep leaving my makeup here so i haven't covered it. also i just didn't want to."

"oh!"

"is there an issue?"

"no! of course not. i can understand how hard a break up is... not seeing someone you like for a really long time is hard."

'are we done here?'

"i mean maybe you can talk somethings out with her." layla said as a set up. "i want you and her to be friends, i hurts us to see you so sad."

"really?" mikasa said

"yes, of course. why wouldn't i?"