O4. it was only a kiss

𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒

FRIDAY 3:34 PM

once your busy school day ended you hopped in your car, ready to go home and chill before heading over to mikasa's. putting on your seat belt after throwing your bag into the passengers seat.

NOW PLAYING: MR. BRIGHTSIDE - THE KILLERS

tapping your fingernails on the steering wheel, you watched the crowds of kids running through the parking lot of your LA highschool.

"jealousy, turning saints into the sea." you sang the lyrics to yourself in your heaf. thinking of her. thinking of that night, where this whole thing started.

It was only a kiss,
it was only a kiss

FLASHBACK

9TH GRADE: SLEEPOVER AT MIKASA'S HOUSE

sitting crisscross on her bed, holding the red solo cup that contained the alcohol from grisha's secret stash. mr. brightside was playing from the speaker connected to her phone. her tv played mtv in the background just for extra sound even though nobody was watching it.

you both sat on the bed in shorts and tank tops. your (h/texture) hair was worn down while her short hair was in a high ponytail with bangs.

the question that she'd asked you seconds before replayed in your head, it made you feel dizzy.

"y/n?" she said your name, she grew nervous that she asked the wrong question since you weren't answering.

"sorry." you shook your head "i dozed off..."

"oh...but have you though?" she was nervous herself, what if her desires were just a her thing. she was afraid to be the only one questioning things about herself

"n-no" you got anxious

why is she asking me this-

"mmh...do you want to?" she asked causing your throat to get tight.

if i say the wrong thing she might tell someone and they'll call my mom...

"it's okay if you do...i want to." she sighed

you looked up at the girl with widened eyes, she was a japanese girl who was adopted by grisha and carla, who were christians.

well, carla admitted to you both that she only did it so grisha could get off her back about being atheist. but it shocked you, hearing this from mikasa's mouth, they went to church every sunday.

"you want to?" you asked

"yeah..." she said lowly "god, never thought i'd be able to say that out loud." she moved her bangs out her face

"me either..." you looked down at the comforter on the bed.

"you do too-."

"mhm." you admitted, still frightened

"this might sound crazy but..." she started, setting her cup on her nigh stand before turning back to you "what if we kissed..."

butterflies erupted in your stomach, you'd always admired mikasa but you never thought you'd get the chance to kiss her. you prayed for times like this and here it was

"oh..." you tried not to smile

"but it's fine if you don't want to-." she started.

you then cut her off, making your move on your friend. holding her cheek in one of your small hands, you leaned in and kissed her suddenly. she was caught off guard but she didn't fight it, she liked it.

Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes

pulling out of the kiss, a blush stained both of your faces. sitting in silence for a second, taking in your new discovery.

"hey mikasa, pizza's he- what are you guys doing?" eren barged in the room, armin stood behind him, he adjusted his glasses.

"huh?" mikasa turned around, still flushed from earlier

"why are you guys sitting so close together?"

"what do you want?" you asked irritated

"sorry...food's here, mom said to eat."

"tell her we'll be down in a second." mikasa shooed him, sounding normal.

"fine. later." eren said closing her door back.

"...oh my god, i got so scared." mikasa exhaled, putting a hand on her chest

"same."

"y/n, please don't tell anyone about this..."

"i won't i swear, i'm sorry...i shouldn't have even-."

"no, it's not that, it's just that i don't need either of us getting in trouble. can we just forget?"

naturally, as 14 year olds you both didn't understand that this wouldn't be too easy of a task.

"y-yeah." you looked down, so much going through your head now.

BACK TO PRESENT

coming out of your day dream. you shook your head, putting your car in drive and leaving campus.

it was only a kiss...