39. the girl with the tattoo

𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒

12:01 PM

stepping out of the house, you shielded you eyes from the bright california sun. "holy fuck." you said to yourself, you were barely able to open your eyes.

you followed mikasa out to her car, sitting in the passengers seat you got comfortable.

"play something good, pretty girl." she said turning on the ac and getting ready to back out of the driveway.

you connected your phone to the bluetooth in car. carefully, you scrolled through your spotify playlist.

NOW PLAYING: SINCE U BEEN GONE- KELLY CLARKSON

"you fucking bitch." mikasa smiled, pulling out the driveway and starting to drive away from the house.

you nodded your head to the iconic song.

"here's the thing, we started out friends. it was cool but it was all pretend" mikasa sang the lyrics

"yeah yeah, since you been gone!" you and mikasa sang the song together. you snapped to the beat of the song.

you'd known this song before mikasa, but it became more special when you, mikasa, and sasha sang this for the talent show in 9th grade. the performance got 6th because sasha was an awful singer and she forgot the dance but it was the thought that counted.

the short haired girl hummed the rest of the lyrics, slowly turning up the music as it inched closer and closer to the best part. you looked out the window at the passing cars and buildings, feeling nostalgic.

here it comes

"BUT SINCE YOUVE BEEN GONE, I CAN BREATHE FOR THE FIRST TIME! IM SO MOVING ON YEAH YEAH!" you both turned to each other, screaming the lyrics. you guys bounced up and down in your seats, sitting in traffic. the cars next to you were giving you both weird stares.

you giggled at the cars, calming down now.

"you thinking about the talent show too?" mikasa asked

"yeah, oh my gosh it was so EMBARRASSING!" you covered your face with your hands, cringing.

"we probably weren't even that bad, if sasha would've remembered the dance we would've been fine." she said focusing back on the road since the traffic was now starting to move.

"no, the whole thing was just bad. the only person up there with SOME potential was you." you shook your head

"i wonder if my mom still has a video of it?"

"i fucking hope not." you said, leaving the conversation where it was. resting your head against the head rest and closing your eyes for a few seconds.

"you're so beautiful." she complimented, your cheeks now stained with a blush. you quickly looked the opposite direction, covering your face with your hands.

"move your hands, lemme see your pretty smile" she tried to convince you, her hands reaching away from the steering wheel to try to move your hands.

"mikasa, focus on the road!" you scolded, pointing out at the la road.

"it's literally fine." she said, the car stopping at a red light. you unzipped your small crossbody and took out your phone to pass time.

"talk to me, kiddo." she said sounding like a white dad, squeezing your thigh.

"you sound like a white dad." you frowned, looking up from the screen.

"did you just call me a dilf?" she said, the car now driving off from the red light that was now green.