chapter 22

Chapter 22.

Experiencing a working day like any other, but SuA feels it's unbelievably long.

She called Siyeon repeatedly after her conversation with Mr. Kim, but it seemed Siyeon wasn't holding her phone. SuA anxiously worried every second of every minute, couldn't concentrate at work, and every time she had a little free time, SuA picked up the phone and called Siyeon with curt text messages.

“Call me back now”

“Damn it, where the hell are you Siyeon?”

"Why not come to the phone?"

Then late at night, SuA received a video call from Siyeon, Siyeon was lying on the bed, calm as if nothing happened.

- Where have you been all day? – SuA asked in anger, her mouth could not smile.

"I'm too busy so I don't pick up the phone, I'm going to work"

SuA squinted at the image of Siyeon through the phone screen, she had a bad feeling.

- Turn camera to your whole body.

"What's wrong? I'm lying in bed" - Siyeon offered not to cooperate.

- Stand up - SuA ordered, her cold gaze was too firm, Siyeon couldn't refuse.

Siyeon pouted and then stood up, resting her phone on the pillow. SuA found a bunch of bandages on Siyeon's right thigh and knee, Siyeon was wearing shorts so the wound was clearly visible.

- What? – SuA asked quickly, her heart was pounding about to burst, surely this was indirectly caused by President Kim.

"I had a little accident on the road" - Siyeon tried to reassure SuA because she had to listen to SuA’s voice with very high tones all this time.

- What accident caused a leg injury?

"I walked to a coffee shop near the company to buy coffee and then a car crossed the sidewalk and crashed into me, the driver also compensated me"

SuA clenched her teeth, she couldn't indirectly hurt Siyeon like that anymore, she couldn't bear this feeling.

"I'm fine, it'll only take a few weeks for the wound to heal and the bandages will be removed, the doctor said that”

- You go to sleep, I'll hang up

"Why?" – Siyeon finds it difficult to understand, although she is the one who is injured, she feels that SuA is angry at her.

- Nothing, you go to sleep, you sleep well - SuA proactively hung up the phone, then took a deep breath and buried her face in the pillow.