Chapter 25

Mike James

Everything was just failing apart - bit by bit. Shit just wasn't the same anymore. The girl I loved put us in a bind, my son had to stay with someone else, because I'm not sure if we still have a home or not. I'm not sure if we'll have much of anything after this. I didn't know what I was going to do. All I had was $35,000 and I had to give that to the bank yesterday. I haven't been home in two days. Brit had been blowing up my phone and leaving me messages, but I've just been ignoring her. Just her name alone made me mad. I've been stressing and praying, praying and stressing. I didn't want to turn to the streets, but the way shit was looking it would be my only choice at this very moment.

Where was I going to get $176,000 in under a week? In all honesty I was going to have to sale some stuff, I couldn't get anything back from the wedding because everything had already went through and everything was finalized. Shit I don't evem know if I was going to marry her after all of this. I was just ready to walk away from everything - except my son. Brit just don't know what the hell she did to us and our family.

At the end of the day there was only one person I knew I could vent to no matter what. I pulled my phone up from the cup holder.

"Hello?"

"C-Can you meet me somewhere?" I asked. The line grew quiet for a while.

"Yeah - just text me where and I'll be there."

"Okay." Then the line disconnected.

I pulled up into Cheddars parking lot and got out. I walked in and was seated quickly. I watched the time on my watch. I was nervous as hell right now. I was also stressed and at a lost.

Within ten minutes I was no longer sitting alone.

"Vent." Was all I needed to hear. I did just that; vent. I told the story the exact same way Brit had told me. From the wedding plans, the money, to having my look-a-like forge my signature at the bank, and everything else that went along with it. When I finished I did feel a little better then I did when I first found out. I still can't believe Brit paid someone to look like me and forge my signature. Lucky I don't press charges on her ass.

"So what're you going to do?"

"I don't know. Shit just got hectic. I need to find a new job and somehow persuade the bank to give me another month or so, so I could start paying it. If not, we're going to lose everything." I said. I was stressing and just flat out worried about what was going to happen next. I was praying to God that he made a way for us.

"Here." She said sliding a black bag over to me.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Don't ask questions, just take it." She said. I unzipped the bag and it was full of money. My eyes nearly fell out my head. There was a letter on top of it. I unfolded it to see what it said:

Don't think that I've forgiven you for what you all did to me, but I at least thought about EJ and felt he needed a home. Mike I know you're a good man, but this was Brit's mistake. Sometimes you gotta pay attention and put your foot down. Again don't think I did this for you or Brit. I did this for Elijah because he deserves a place to lay his head, a place to call home, and a place he can feel protected. EJ should've been the main priority from the beginning.

Five years ago we all made a promise: Family First. It seems that I was the only one that kept that promise.

P.S. I know everything that went and goes on. So all that shady shit y'all said and did just coming to bite y'all in the ass. Instead of coming to me like grown ass men and women to express y'all feelings or concerns y'all ran y'all mouth to some random bitches that just ruining y'all lives, but I'm a "bitch" so what do I know. I just wish y'all all the best.

Was what it said. That was the motto we all decided on - almost five years ago. No matter what we went through family always came first. But we had to be stupid and fuck up. I looked up from the letter.

"Mel I-" I looked up and she was gone. I looked around the restaurant and didn't see her. I was confused because she was just sitting right here. I pulled a couple of dollars out my pocket to pay for the drinks and walked out. When I got in the car I broke down. I've never had someone ever do anything like this for me. I think back to the time we treated Mel like shit. She didn't deserve it. She didn't have to help me, but she did anyways. She was a life saver. No scratch that she was an angel.

"Thank you, God." I mumble and pull off.

Britney Knight

I don't know where Mike is. He hadn't been home in two days and I didn't know where he was or if he was coming home. We had placed EJ at Dre house until we would be done packing everything, but I've been doing all the packing. I really messed things up for us and now I'm paying the price. Hell there may not ever be a wedding and what makes things so bad is that everything is paid for. We can't even get our money back.

"Have you tried calling him?" Quinta asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, but he won't answer my calls. I really screwed this up." I said sitting down on the couch. Quinta sat next to me hugging me.

"Everything will be okay. Mike loves you and you both will work everything out." She said. I sighed.

"I don't know." I sniffled.

"Just pray about it." She said. I leaned back on the couch with my eyes closed.

"I almost had sex with Gotti." She blurted out. My eyes popped open. I sat up so quick I almost broke my neck.

"What?!" I yelled.

"I-I almost had sex with Gotti." She said again.

"No I heard you, but what the fuck were you thinking?! Does Dre know?" I asked.

"No and I'm not going to tell him. I'm finally earning his trust again and I don't want to ruin it." She said.

"Quinta if you don't tell him then someone else will, you won't have a relationship anymore. Didn't you tell me that he made it clear how he felt about cheating?" She nodded. "Then you need to tell him before it's too late." I said. She sighed.

"He's going to leave me. I'm for sure this time." She said.

"How did you even let things get that far with him? He ain't even all that cute. Plus, I seen the way he watched you all the time. It was only a matter of time before something happened. You better tell Dre before it's too late." I said.

"I will." She assured me. If I knew one thing it's that Quinta ass like keeping secrets and being naive. She not going to tell Dre. I know for a fact she not, but that ain't my business I'm already in a fucked up situation as is.

A/N:

Mike stressed!

Things still not right at home.

Did you think that it would've been Mel who gave him the money?

Do you think she should've gave him the money? Why or why not?

How much money do you think she gave him?

How you think Brit going to react when she find out?

Do you think Quinta going to tell Dre or is he going to find out from someone else?

Dre and Quinta next...