Chapter 22

Melanie Wright

The kids wanted to see their grandma today so naturally I didn't have a problem taking them over there to see her. It had been a while since they seen her anyway and I didn't want what happened between Ty and I come between them nor her spending time with each other.

I watched the kids run around the backyard chasing after her puppy. I don't do animals. As long as that puppy stayed away from me we'll be cool. If not I'mma kick it.

She hadn't really said much since we got here, but she talked to the kids a little.

"Something wrong with you?" I asked. She been giving me attitude since we got here and I don't know what her problem is.

"Actually there is." She sneers. I raise my eyebrow.

"Well, do enlighten me on what may exactly be the problem." I said.

"You say the kids are my son's, but they're probably not his. You just some hoe that tricked us into believing you. So yes I have a problem with you showing up here with them and them calling me grandma. I'll be damn if I'd allowed my son to be trapped into taking care of kids that are not his." She said. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Well, if he feel like they not his then he can step. Walk away, do him, fuck off. Don't worry about Kei, Kam, or Ky because I got them. Those three kids are mine. You talking about me being a hoe? Since when? I never once stepped out on Ty. Ty is the one that's on that shady shit and because I'm not that make these kids not his? Because we're over that make the kids not his? So what if I got a new man that quick. You think I'm 'bout to cry over a nigga that made the choice to do what he did? You think I'mma beg a nigga to come back to me? No. Ty is a grown ass man and can do anything he damn well please to do! Ty chose the streets over his fucking kids, not me, him! Don't ever in your life talk to me like I'm stupid or don't see the looks you'd been giving me. I peep game on all that petty shit. Learn to stay in your place." I said standing up. Who the fuck did she think she was? She lucky I did pop her ass. Talking to me like I owe her an explanation to why I'm here or who the "real" father to my kids. Bitch please. I'm their real father, fuck she mean?

"K3, let's go, now." I said. Shit if my kids aren't welcome then neither am I.

"But mommy I want to stay." Kam said.

"Kameron I said let's go and that's what I mean." I said. He pouted and looked like he was about to cry.

"Cry if you want to, but know I'll give you something to really cry about." I said in a warning tone. He straightened up quick. My kids and I left. I don't have time for no petty shit.

《《《》》》

After leaving Ty's momma house I took the kids to the park and out for ice cream then we came back and I put them to sleep. Now when I'm trying to get a little nap in my phone won't stop ringing. I really was trying to get a nap in before the kids woke up.

"Yeah?" I answered the phone not caring who it was.

"What the fuck you said to my momma?!" I know that voice. It was Ty and he was mad. Go figure. His mad ass.

"Nigga what?" I asked. I don't have time for Ty silly rabbit ass.

"My momma told me what you said to her today. I don't appreciate you bringing my momma into our business and then have the nerve to come at her like she some bitch out in the streets." He said. I looked at my phone. Is this nigga talking to me? She must have called him and told him some lie, but what can Ty do to me? Not a damn thing! I promise myself the last time Ty went awol that I would shoot his ass dead.