Chapter 30

Andre James

I laid on the couch with Chastity laying on my chest. We were having father-daughter time since Quinta was out doing whatever she was doing. We weren't together at the moment and that was okay with me. In all honesty we just weren't were we used to be and I was tired of trying when she wasn't. Relationships were really starting to become overrated. All I needed was my daughter. She was the most important woman in my eyes and I was going to make sure she was always happy.

"Daddy I'm hungry." Chas said looking up at me.

"What you want to eat?" I asked pausing the movie.

"I want some Jamaican food." She said.

"Alright go put your shoes on." I said. She got up and went to put on her shoes. I slipped into my Jordan slides and grabbed my keys and wallet off the table.

"I'm ready daddy." Chas said.

"Let's go." I said and we walked out the door.

When we got to Caribbean Island it was packed. They have the best Jamaican food around. We got out the car and walked into the restaurant. There was about eight or nine people in front of us.

"Look there's Auntie Mel and Ky." Chas said. I looked up from my phone. Chas was pointing toward the front of the line.

"What I told you about pointing?" I said.

"Sorry. Daddy can I go talk to her?" She asked. I nodded.

"Auntie Mel! Ky!" Chas shouted walking toward the front of the line. They turned toward Chas. I watched as she talked to them. If I knew one thing Mel would never turn her back on the kids or anybody for that need. Even after they got their food they were still talking.

"Welcome to Caribbean Island. What can I get you today?" She asked in her Jamaican accent.

"Let me get one plate of Brown Stew Chicken, Rice and Peas, and Plantains. Then, a plate of Jerk Chicken, Rice and Peas, and a Salad." I said. She nodded.

"Is that all, sir?" She asked. I nodded and moved up toward the cashier where Mel, Ky, and Chas were standing, waiting. I'm not going to lie Mel looked good as fuck.

What's with me? Was I getting an erection for Mel?

"I hope that's not a gun in your pants. I hope you just really happy to see me." Mel whispered then laughed loudly. I cleared my throat and thought about seeing my momma fucking. That sent my erection right down. Ugh! The visual.

"How you been?" I asked.

"Good, living life." She smiled.

"Sir, do you want something to drink?" The cashier asked. I nodded.

"Give me a two Bigga Pineapple sodas." I said.

"Is that all?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Your total is &17.71." He said. I pulled out my wallet and handed him a twenty. He gave me my change and food.

"It was good seeing you and Chas." She said. Chas hugged Mel and Ky. I watched Mel as they walked in front of us. We walked out the door right behind them.

"Mel." I called out to her. She stopped and turned around.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry." I said. She nodded.

"What's done is done Dre. Plus, I was never mad at how you all felt." She shrugged. "You spoke how you felt and that's all fine, but what y'all didn't do was bring it to the right person. Now all we can do is move on from the past and look forward to the future and what it holds."
She said and turned and started to walk away, but stopped. "By the way, I forgive you Dre." She added and walked away. I stared at the spot she stood in and shook my head. Mel might be mean, but damn she sure know how to make you feel all kinds of things. But what she said was true we said all the wrong things to the wrong people, now it's all coming back to bite us in the ass. I for one can vouch for that.

LaQuinta Massenburg

I walked into the house to see Dre and Chastity both asleep on the couch. I couldn't help but smile at them. I pulled out my phone and snapped a couple of pictures of them together. I seen Chas stir, which caused Dre to wake up, so I locked my phone and put it back in my pocket. Our relationship wasn't the best, but I was trying to do better, to become better.

"Chastity go to your room so I can talk to your daddy." I said. She got up and walked out the living room. Dre laid on the couch as I got comfortable on the other one.

"What we need to talk about LaQuinta?" Dre asked. You know shit real when they always say your whole name. I cleared my throat.

"I wanted to talk about us." I said getting straight to the point. I didn't know what was going to happen. I just hoped for the best.

"Us?" He chuckled. "There is no us. You constantly fucked up our relationship over bullshit. If it wasn't for your ex, it was your parents, then just your dad, and then your attitude, and then your friend Gotti. The list just goes on and on. And quite frankly I'm tired of it. I'm not doing this with you anymore, LaQuinta. I'm the one that have to deal with the heartbreak because my supposedly girlfriend - ex girlfriend now - lies, cheats, and can't seem to ever have my back when needed. So there is no us. Not now and never will be again. I'm just not going down that road ever again." He said looking my straight in the eye.

"But Dre I'm trying. I'm trying for me, Chastity, and you. All I'm asking is for a last chance." I said. I love Dre and I just can't see myself living without him. He actually looked bored having this conversation.

"Quinta there is no last chance. We're done." He said. I looked away not wanting to let him see me cry. But I knew it was nobodies fault but my own. I should've listened, fought for us, for him, but I didn't. I fucked up and now I've lost the only man that loved me for who I truly was. I even hurt my daughter in the process and lost her too.

A/N:

Dre is just too much.

Dre finally apologized to Mel.

No more Dre and Quinta!

How do you feel about them being done for good?

Do you think they ever going to get back together?

Ty coming up next...