Chapter 6

Britney Knight

I was sitting at the door watching for the mail lady to arrive. For the past few weeks I have made it my mission to always check the mailbox before Mike. I didn't want him to see the credit card bills. I was scared that he would want to cancel the wedding, but this was my dream wedding and I wanted everything to be perfect.

No matter the cost.

"Bae why you sitting here staring into space?" Mike's voice made me jump. I didn't even hear him come into the room.

"Mike you scared me." I squealed. He chuckled.

"My bad." He said.

"Where you going?" I asked.

"To meet up with my cousins." He said. I nodded.

"Don't get in any trouble." I said and pecked his lips.

"I can't promise that." He said. I rolled my eyes playfully. Whenever their together who knows what they night get into.

Once he left I was able to breathe. He wouldn't be here when the mail lady came and I had time to hide the credit card bills from him.

Knock Knock

I walk to the door and peer through the peephole. I opened the door.

"Hey girl." I said letting Quinta in. I looked at her and noticed she had been crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked pulling her into the kitchen. I got us some wine and two glasses.

"I messed up." She sobbed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Dre left me and Chastity hates me!" She cried. I sipped my wine.

"Why? Tell me what happened." I said. She picked up her glass and took it to the head.

This just might be real bad.

LaQuinta Massenburg

I was sitting on the couch with Brit and she helped me see what Mel and Dre had been talking about. We both felt bad for the way things happened with Mel and vowed that we would apologize to her ASAP.

Brit was acting kind of strange throughout the day and glancing at the front door.

"Are you waiting for somebody?" I asked, pouring myself another glass.

"Huh?" She jumped. I looked at her.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"If I tell you, you can't say anything to Mike no one of that matter." She said.

"Okay."

"You remember what Mel said about that debt for the wedding?" She asked. I nodded. "Well it's true. I've gone over the budget that was for the wedding. I've maxed out all my credit cards and Mike's. I-I don't know what I'm going to do. If Mike finds out he's going to kill me." She cried.

"Why don't you just tell him. I'm sure he'll understand." I said.

"Th-That's not all. I kind of borrowed some money from the bank." She admitted.

"What?" I asked in shock. She cried even harder.

"Since they couldn't give me that much on a loan, I took a second mortgage out on our condo; an home equity loan." She said.

Oh my God!

"How much?"

"$200,000." She mumbled. I nearly choked on my tongue.

"$200,000?!" I shriek. She handed me some papers. They were from the bank requesting payments or they would be foreclosuring on the house. The other option would be filing for bankruptcy. She was already late on the payments!

"What the fuck Brit?!"

"I know. I know. But what's done is done. Plus I'll get a job to pay it off."

"What you need to do is tell Mike, before it's too late. What happens if you can't get the money, then what? What if you can't get a job? If the credit card bills are paid, how are you going to pay the $200,000 back plus interest? What if you lose the condo? What about EJ? Did you even think about your child?!" I ranted. This was all a big mess.

"I'll find a way, trust me." She said. I sighed.

Why do I find that hard to believe?

Mike James

I noticed that Brit has been acting all jumpy and secretive lately. I don't know if it has to deal with the wedding or what, but I'm going to ask her about it. I don't want her to feel pressured or that something is going to go wrong. It's going to be our wedding day, but I want her to be able to enjoy it all without worrying about everything. I can help with anything if she needs it.

I stroll inside the house after ten. The house was dark so that meant EJ was already sleep and Brit too - that's if she's not up doing something dealing with the wedding. I walk into our room and see that she's sleep. That's a miracle. I strip out my clothes and head into the bathroom to shower.

After my shower, I wrap my towel around my waist and walk out the bathroom.

"I thought you were sleep." I said putting on some boxers.

"I was, but I heard you come in." She said sleepily. I got in bed next to her.

"You okay?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Why?"

"You've been acting strange lately." I said. I felt her stiffen a little.

"I-I'm f-fine i-its j-just all these wedding plans and stuff." She stammered. I knew it was more to that, but I didn't push it.

Whatever it is I hope it's not bad.

A/N:

Quinta came over crying.

Brit gave her advice.

Quinta finds out what's wrong with Brit.

Brit still haven't told Mike.

Do you think she will?

What y'all think Mike going to say?

They might lose their house.

Do you think she'll be able to pay off the debt before it's too late?

Should Brit listen to Quinta and tell Mike before it's too late?

Mike noticed a change in Brit.

Mike is so sweet, thinking about his soon-to-be wife feelings.

Should she have told Mike the truth?

* The only reason I never ask for a certain amount of votes or comments is because,

1. I'll have to update the next chapter once the goal has been meet,

2. I'm lazy!,

3. I lose interests in my books, quickly.

But I will always complete my book.

* For Counterfeit, Oreo's 3, The Love of A Fat Nigga, and Family First (which is this book), are the very first books that I have ever put out without having them completely finished. But all chapters in every book are outlined on how I want them to go, I can tell you that much, it just don't have any words beyond the outline of the chapter lol. Anyways, what I'm saying is updates were a little slow, but it will pickup because I've given myself a deadline to be finished with these books - which will make me work faster and be less lazy..... Yeah right!