Chapter 28

Mike James

When I walked into the house it was quiet as hell. I could see a few boxes here and there. Hell we were going to have to move out if we would've lost the condo. But thanks to God sending Mel to us we didn't have to worry about that anymore. But I knew there were going to be some major changes in our relationship, if she couldn't accept them then there was no point in getting married. This was Brit third and final strike with me.

I walked toward our bedroom and there were more boxes. I decided to put everything back since we didn't have to leave anymore.

After spending an hour unpacking and putting everything back where it belonged Brit was home. I had gotten over my initial shock of what she did and I was just ready to move past all of this. I really was.

"Oh my God, Mike!" She screamed and jumped on me. She kissed all over my face apologizing for getting us into this situation. She even broke down saying that she wished there was more she could do and how she'd do anything to turn back the hands of time. I pushed her off of me. I ignored the hurt expression that came across her face. Kisses wasn't what I needed at a time like this.

"We need to talk." I said. She looked at me fearful, confused, and hurt.

"Mike please don't leave me. I know I fucked up, but please we can get passed this. I promise-"

"Britney, shut the fuck up and listen." I said sternly. She closed her mouth and looked at me wide eyed. "Sit down." I state. She does as she's told.

"First, I want to start off by saying that what you did really made me not trust you anymore. You betrayed me for some fairy tale ass wedding and instead of coming and talking to me - like you should have - you went behind my back and broke our family in half. You didn't think about the outcome or what would happen if I would've found out at the last minute. I almost started slanging again because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get the money. It never occurred to you that some things just aren't meant to have?" She looked away ashamed. I shook my head. "Secondly, how can I trust you knowing that not only did you go over budget, but you also went behind my back and paid someone to look like me and forge my signature on documents! You know how much time you and whoever it was could serve in jail for impersonating someone and forging someone's signature?! No! You don't fucking think, Britney!" I was yelling by the end of my speech. Just going thru this all over again has made me mad as fuck. Brit was crying my now.

"Mike I'm so - so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. I-I just got carried away. Please just don't leave me, please. I'll do anything to make things right with you, us, our family." She pleaded crying her eyes out. I snatched my hand from her hold.

"I don't think that we could ever move forward from this. I just don't trust you anymore." I said honestly. She cried harder. I just looked at her. She shouldn't be crying ' cause she knew what type of man I am and this crying she for the birds.

"I'll - I'll get the money." She sobbed.

"How? You finna go sale your ass on the corner? Shake your ass on a pole? Slang some dope? Rob a bank? Huh? How?" I asked even though it had already been paid today. But she didn't know that. I just wanted to see what she would say.

"I'll get a job or maybe two and I can help with some of the payments." She said.

"How when the shit due at the end of this week?!" I asked. Her shoulders slumped over. "Exactly. You didn't think about this shit before and now look at how things turned out for us." I said shaking my head.

"Mike-" I held up my hand stopping her. I pulled the receipt out of my pocket and threw it on the table.

"I paid it, but for now on everything I own is mine and everything you own is yours. Don't ask me for shit anymore. Get a damn job. I can't trust you anymore, so how can I ever marry someone I can never trust? This is just something I can't get over. I just can't." I said and got up and walked out the room, leaving her sitting there. I walked into our bedroom and flopped down on the bed. I rubbed my hand down my face and sighed. Life sure did come with its many obstacles.