Chapter 7

LaQuinta Massenburg

I was tired of living with my dad. I missed my house, Dre, Chastity, and the freedom I had. All my dad does is complain about every little thing.

"Quinta when are you going to get a job?"

"Why you still mopping around about that no good ass boy?"

"You need to get custody of your child."

"Quinta meet..."

And the list goes on and on. I was fed up. I wanted my old life back. I may didn't work, but I do hair on the side. That kept my pockets with enough money. I don't care that I'm a housewife because at the end of the day I get more time with my daughter and there's always something for me to do. Dre don't want me to work so shit I'm not. I don't want to hear, "you shouldn't depend on a man wholeheartedly", and all that blah blah blah mess. I don't understand why women make it a big deal when men want to take care of them or buy them things. They love to protest and say "I got it", "You didn't have to do that", "I can pay for my own stuff", and so on. We get it, we know, we didn't ask you, and honestly we - I don't care. I understand you want to have your own, but damn if someone offering you not to have to lift a finger again, I don't know about you, but you'd see how fast I say yes, quit my job, and live my life. I think of it as retirement or a long as vacation. If Dre and I didn't work out I still have my hair thing going on, so I was good and plus I can always get a job if push come to shove. Until then I was sticking to this. Okay now I'm done ranting. I need to get up and get ready to meet Dre.

Today I was getting my man back.

Andre James

After the whole Chastity being with me and running away thing everything has been normal. Yeah I miss Quinta, but I refused to become second in her life. If it ain't Jesus, God himself, or Chastity I have no understanding. We just didn't have the communication thing going on. If I said one thing, she'd do another. Its like she was rebellious or didn't care. Its only so much I could take before calling it quits. This our second breakup and if is this head been our third one, it would be our last.

I was meeting Quinta at Applebee's while my mom watched Chastity for me. I really didn't want to go, but she pleaded for me to meet her. I didn't know what she wanted she wasn't really specific over the phone about it she just asked me to met her.

"So why am I here?" I asked.

"I wanted us to talk."

"About what?" I asked.

"Us." She said.

"There is no us." I said. She glared at me. Shit I'm the one that should be mad, not her.

"Dre we can work this out." She said. I shook my head.

"Quinta you can't even stand up to your own father when it comes to our relationship let alone defend me. All this time he made his self the "man" of my house and not once did you do or say anything to him. I gave your ass the world and you just threw it away again like the first time. I refuse to keep going through this with you. It's getting irritating and old. I don't need a woman that's going to be some timing. One minute you with me, then the next you dissing me for someone else. That shit is mad disrespectful." I said. She sighed. She placed her hand on mine, but I pulled away. She looked hurt, but so am I. How would y'all feel if your boyfriend or girlfriend was doing this shit to you? The same way.

"Dre we got history and a child together. I know I might not do right, but at least let me show you that I can do better this time. I promise you that it'll be worth it." She said. I want there to be an us, but she going to have to work for it.

"I don't know." I said.

"Andre just give me this last chance." She said. I sighed running my hands down my face.

"Fine, but this is on my terms. You have to gain my trust back. I don't trust you as far as I can see you, right now. If you fuck up again that'll be your lost." I said.

"Okay." She said.

She tried to kiss me, but we ain't that cool. She went to get her things from her dad's house so she could come back home.

"Is that all?" I asked, placing the suitcase down.

"Yeah that's everything?" She said. I nodded. I watched her unpack her things and out them away.

"So what you want to do now?" She asked. I shrugged. Then something popped up in my head.

"Why you do me like this?" I asked. She sighed.

"I just like to please my dad I guess. He's all I got even since my mom ran off with Tim's dirty dick ass and never looked back. I didn't want to lose him either." She explained. It's true her mom and Tim ran off and no one has seen them since. Shit good riddance if you asked me. I don't know any relationship, but that's the same nigga that was with her daughter, cheated, caught an STD, and was engaged too. The fuck kind of shit is that?

"I get where you coming from, but don't do me wrong 'cause of it. I didn't do shit to you and look how it turned out. Our daughter didn't even want anything to do with you. You broke up your family because of it and now shit just ain't the same. You need to get your shit together and soon because you might just miss out." I said. I got up and walked out the room.

I was a little bittersweet about this, but it's a work in progress.

A/N:

What's your opinion on being a housewife?

Would you like to be a housewife? Why or why not?

Quinta finally came to her senses.

You think their relationship going to make it?

Dre got that ass in check!

Will Quinta learn to communicate with Dre for now on?

Damn her mom ran away with Tim nasty ass.

Now we know why Quinta was acting the way she was, but it still don't make it right.