Chapter 17

Melanie Wright

Ty had apologized, but I honestly wasn't trying to hear shit he had to say. Only reason I forgave him was because of the kids and the love I have for him, other then that he could miss me with the bullshit. He go to work, come home, spend time with the kids, and sleep. I on the other hand still do what I do; take care of my kids, cook, and clean. We talk, but he realized that he had some making up to do.

Knock Knock

I pray to God this not Andy ass. Lately he been extra "friendly". Giving me compliments, helping me carry grocery in the house, offering his help. If he see me somewhere he make it his business to open doors for me, talk to me, he even went so far as to "accidentally" touch my ass. He almost "accidentally" lost his life that day.

I walked to the door to see who it was because last time I checked no one called me, nor was I expecting anybody. I looked through the peephole to see Damien. I unlocked the door.

"Tell me one good reason why I shouldn't shoot you and close my door in your face, for showing up at my house unannounced." I said. He chuckled, mushed my head, and invited his self in. I shook my head. He don't have no manners. I closed and locked the door.

"Nigga get out my fridge!" I yelled, walking in the kitchen. He had my refrigerator door wide open and was pulling stuff out.

"Bestie that's not going to work on me." He said, placing the stuff on the counter. I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I wanted to see you." He said, slapping some ham on some bread.

"Okay now you see me, now you go." I said.

"Yo ass so damn mean Melanie." He said. I shrugged.

"Everyone knows that." I said. He finished making his sandwich. I watched him eat his food. He had mustard all on his face. He so messy.

"What you got planned today?" He asked once he finished eating.

"I got to pick up the kids in a few and then I was going to take them to get something to eat and probably take them to the park for a little bit." I said. He nodded.

After picking up the kids, I stopped by McDonald's to get all us something to eat, and headed toward the park.

I watched as they ran around the park playing and laughing with the other kids. All I ever wanted was to be happy, but what really makes me happy is seeing my kids happy.

Damien Gilliam

Today was a good day if you asked me. I got to spend time with Mel and her kids. Right now I'm putting Kei to bed since the other two were already taken care of.

"Why do you look at my mommy like that best friend?" Kei asked me. Ever since she found out her mom was my best friend she wanted to be my best friend as well, then Kam and Ky did too. So we all best friends now.

"Like what?" I asked curiously.

"Like she's the only girl in the whole wide world?" She giggled. I smiled. How could little Kei notice the way I looked at Mel.

"That's because she's my best friend." I said. She eyed me.

"I'm not slow best friend. You like my mommy." She said. My eyes widen in shock.

"Kei I-"

"Your secret is safe with me, best friend." She yawned. I just stared at her. Kei is too smart for her own good. Yes, I'm in love with Mel, but things don't always work out how you want them to. I just wished I would've said something before. I shake my head from my thoughts to see Kei knocked out. I turn off the lights and make my way back downstairs. Mel was cleaning up so I decided to help out.

"You know you didn't have to do that. You've done enough today to last us a life time." Mel said. I waved her off.

"Mel everyone could use a little help every now and then." I said. She nodded.

"I-" I was cut off to hearing the front door opening and Ty calling her name.

"I'm in the kitchen!" She yelled back.

"Loud ass." I said. She flicked me off. Ty walked into the kitchen. He eyed me before putting a smile on his face. I had a feeling he never did like me, but shit I'm grown I don't have time for that petty shit.

"Wassup?" He said to me. I just sent him a head nod. He walked over to Mel and kissed her. He kissed her showing me that she was his, basically marking her his. I bust out laughing, until I was in tears. They pulled away. He eyed me confused by my out burst.

"Well then." Mel said. "Let me go check on the kids." She said and rushed out the kitchen.

"Why you here?" He asked.

"This my best friend's house I'm allowed here." I said. He glared at me.

"You can leave." He said dismissively. I shook my head.

"You know for someone that and I quote, "I love her, but sometimes I wonder if our relationship is really worth it.", feel like she sometimes over do it, you have a strange way of showing things or better yet telling the truth." I said. He looked at me shocked knowing that I knew what he said about her. I'm not dumb I can tell from a mile away and plus I just so happened to know somebody that know somebody who was told about the shit they were talking about Mel. But I'm not going to be the one to tell Mel, he is. His guilt already eating him alive.

"Didn't think I knew, huh? You gotta watch who you call friends, 'cause those be the main ones that'll fuck up what you got at home. You better hold on to Mel like it's your last or you gone lose a good thing and someone like me gone sweep her off her feet and make sure she forget about a nigga like you, but fall in love with a nigga like me." I said. His face was priceless. I said all I had to say, but I guarantee he won't be man enough to tell her. He gone slip up and fuck up a good thing over some bullshit. Him and everyone else knew what they were getting into from the jump and chose to stay. If they wanted out they could've walked away at any time and I'm sure Mel wouldn't have stopped them. Mel walked back in the kitchen. We said our goodbyes and I left.

A/N:

Andy has really been trying to get at Mel.

What y'all thoughts on what Kei said to Damien?

Ty jealous ass.

Damien shut Ty up!

Who are you rooting for Ty or Damien?