Chapter 24

LaQuinta Massenburg

Lately I had been bored at home. I cooked, cleaned, washed clothes, did all my wifey duties. Hell I was still working on being on Dre's good side. And let me tell you, it's not easy. As for my dad he been in his feelings 'cause I chose to come back to Dre. I couldn't take it anymore so I ended up snapping on him. It was time for me to grow up and learn from my mistakes.

Moreover, Gotti and I have gotten closer. He's actually a good listener, funny, and he's fun to be around. Only thing is I've been hiding the fact that we hang out from Dre. I don't want him to think anything of it and I don't want it too ruin what we are working on. Plus, Gotti and I were just friends. I was just scared that Dre would not like me hanging out with Gotti and would try to stop it or cause a big scene. I didn't need anymore problems in our relationship.

"Baby?" Dre called out to me. I jumped slightly from him scaring me. Shit I've been showing out a lot lately. I need to get it together.

"Huh?"

"You okay?" He asked with concern in his voice. That's why I loved Dre. He always cared about me, even when I knew I didn't deserve it. He was just too good to me. Sometimes I knew I didn't deserve him.

"Yeah - Yeah I'm fine." I said turning back to the stove.

"Okay." He said not sure. "Do you want me to take Chastity to school on my way to work or were you?" He asked. I had a doctor's appointment today. I needed to get a refill on my birth control pills, which Dre still doesn't know that I'm taking. Good knows he'd flip out. Especially since I know he wants another baby. I needed to get some things for the house and pay some bills that needed to be paid.

"You take her. I have a couple of things to do today. So since you're going out that way you can take her and I can do the other things I have to do." I said cutting off the stove. I had made something simple for breakfast this morning: eggs, bacon, and biscuits.

"Here you go." I said putting his plate in front of him. Chastity had yet to show her face. Our relationship is still a little rocky, but I was going to do my best in making her happy.

"Where's Chastity?" I asked.

"Her room." He said eating his food. I nodded and walked out the kitchen. I made my way to her room.

"Chastity, let's go before you late for school." I said. She just looked at me. I sighed. "Chastity don't give me a hard time this morning. I'm really trying, but you're making it hard for me." I added.

"I'm up." She said completely ignoring what I had said. She grabbed get backpack and walked right passed me. She stubborn just like her daddy.

Andre James

I pulled up into the kids school with a lot on my mind. Quinta been acting strange lately. She jumpy all the time or she spaced out most times. Sometimes I could see her smiling and laughing at her phone, but when I step in the room it's like fear takes over. I honestly didn't know what was going on with her. I knew we needed to talk because this secrecy shit wasn't cool with me, at all. I spotted a parking spot and headed towards it. As soon as I was about to get to it someone else whipped in. What the fuck?! I watched the person door open. I rolled down my window.

"I was about to park there!" I yelled to whoever had whipped up in the spot I was about to park in.

"Well you took too long." The person replied. I knew that voice anywhere. It was Mel. When I seen her my mouth nearly dropped.

Damn! GOD DAMN!

Her hair looked longer, it was long, but with it straightened it almost reached the middle of her back. Her body looked more toned, I knew she worked out, but damn. Plus, she looked like she was glowing and happy. The romper she wore hugged her curves just right. She had a pair of heels on her feet that made her legs look longer.