Chapter 29

Melanie Wright

My dad was having a cookout today and I was all down for some free food and getting to spend time with my family. Damien had to run some errands before it was time for us to get ready and leave. That man made my days so much better. Hell I never even thought about Ty anymore. Until he texted me a damn ten page letter saying how he regret doing what he did and how he was going to work on himself and get his self together. Also that he is sorry for breaking my heart and not being man enough to admit when he was wrong and for listening to other people. The only reason I accepted his apology were because of my kids. Even if Damien was a male figure in their life, Ty was still their father and I wasn't going to allow another man to take his place, even if he did me wrong. My kids are always my main priority. So they come first no matter what. Besides that, Damien filled and completed something in me that Ty once had before, but that was long gone. He didn't have to buy me tons of jewelry or expensive gifts to see me smile, just him doing the things a man should be doing made me smile enough.

I got up out of bed because I knew I had to fix my kids something to eat. It was only 8 and I knew they were up and hungry. It amazes me that they wake up early like their going to school on the weekends. I made my way toward the twins room. The twins share a room because neither wanted to be away from the other and sometimes Kei would sleep in there with them. When I walked into the twins room they were all laying next to each other watching a movie.

"Mommy!" Ky yelled jumping out of bed, drawing the other two attention. I smiled looking at my kids. I picked Ky up.

"Morning mommy babies." I said raking my fingers through Kei's wild mane of curly hair.

"Mommy I'm hungry." Kam said pulling on my pajama pants. I looked down at him. He looked like Ty's twin.

"You always hungry little man." I said. He pouted.

"I'm a big man." He said. I laughed.

"Okay big man. Lead us to the kitchen." I said moving out of his way.

We walked into the kitchen, with Kam leading the way, Ky in my arms, and Kei on my heels. Flicking the lights on I debated if I was going to cook or not.

Not.

I wasn't cooking anything for breakfast they could eat some breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, or some cereal. I just wasn't in the mood to stand over a hot stove this morning.

"Okay, so we have Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Croissants, Lucky Charms, and Oatmeal. Who wants what?" I asked showing them what we had.

"Lucky Charms!"

"Oatmeal!"

"Sausage!"

"Keep it going." I shouted.

"Pancakes!"

"Noodles!"

"Hot Sauce!"

"Chicken!"

"Booty!"

"SAUSAGE!" We shouted together. Leave it to Kam to say booty. He got that shit from Dre.

When we finished acting a fool I fixed them what they wanted. I laughed at how childish we were, but I lived for these moments.

《《《》》》

My phone started to ring and I knew it was Damien by the ringtone that played.

"Hello."

"I'll be there in thirty or forty minutes so y'all be ready when I get there." He said.