Epilogue

Four Months Later...

Melanie Wright

I was officially a week overdue. Junior decided that he didn't want to come out yet so they are going to induce me today. The kids would be going with Ty until after I had the baby. Once I had the baby he would bring then up to the hospital so they could see the baby.

"Did you pack the baby bag?" I asked Damien as I double checked to make sure I had everything I would need.

"Yeah I did. It's already in the car. I just need to grab your bag." He said. The doorbell went off.

"That must be Ty." I said.

"I'll get it. Just finish up so we can head to the hospital." He said.

"Alright." I said. I had to be at the hospital at 7 o'clock. I wasn't a morning person but I wanted to be induced early.

After spending five more minutes double checking everything, I zipped up my bag and headed down stairs. When I got down there Ty was grabbing the kids bags.

"Hey Ty." I said hugging him. There was no hard feelings between the three of us and that I was glad about. On another note, Ty and our kids were finally back to how things were in the beginning. Don't get me wrong I'll always love Ty, but the more Damien catered to me and made me happy I started to fall in love with him. What Ty and I had was good too, but I found better. We would always have our memories; good and bad.

Damien Gilliam

Mel has been laying in this bed just going through the contractions for the past two hours. Not once had she yelled, shouted, or screamed.

"You sure you okay?" I asked holding her hand.

"Yeah these contractions are no joke, but I'm getting through them." She said.

"You need anything?" I asked. She shook her head no.

I sat back in the sit that was in the room and just relaxed.

It was around 9 when the doctor and a nurse came back in to check on Mel.

"I'm going to give you your epidural now." She said to Mel.

"Okay." She breathed out. I knew she was in pain. But she wanted to be strong.

"Hold my hand baby." I said. Mel sent me a small smile as she grabbed my hand. The nurse administer Mel the epidural. Once she was done I seen Mel physically relax.

Now the rest of the labor was a breeze. She was back to talking and laughing again.

Melanie Wright

Around 9:15 a.m. I started pushing and Damien Gilliam Jr entered the world at 9:42 a.m. I could feel pressure but no pain when I was giving birth. I didn't see DJ, right away because they had to clean him up and run some tests before we could even hold him.

Damien was so helpful throughout the pregnancy and delivery. He held my hand and assured me it would be okay. When he saw Junior he couldn't stop smiling.

"Damn now I see how other fathers feel when they first hold their child." He said.

"And how do they feel?" I asked. My family had come and gone. They all feel in love with Junior the second they seen him. My dad was already making plans to steal him away from us.

"They fall in love with them instantly." He said kissing DJ's forehead. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said. The door opened and in walked in Ty, Mike, Dre, Quinta, Brit, and all our kids. They had balloons and gifts in their hands. I looked at Damien, he shrugged.

What the hell were they doing here?

"We came to apologize and bring gifts for the baby." Quinta said. Dre, Mike, and Ty had already apologized to me, but that doesn't mean we were how we used to be.

"Thank you." I said being polite. I had just had DJ and I wasn't with the arguing and petty shit.

After hearing their apologies or whatever I just said okay. I was through hearing 'I'm sorry'. It was getting tiring and old as fuck.

"So what's his name?" Brit asked.

"Damien Gilliam Jr."

《《《》》

I was glad when they left because I was tired and so was DJ. Damien some how had them bring in an extra bed so he could sleep. He was definitely to big for the little couch they had in here.

"Thank you." He said kissing my forehead.

"For what?" I asked with a yawn.

"For giving me a chance and for giving me my son." He said.

"You don't have to thank me for something God planned out." I said.

"I love you so much." He said.

"I love you too." I said sleepily. I let my eyes close as my head hit the pillow. No matter what it was I went through I never turned my back on family. Family was what I had at the end of everything and at the beginning too. It was our motto and to me family always came first.

《《《》》

Sequel: Family First: The Trilogy (Book III)