Chapter 18

Melanie Wright

My phone was ringing, yet again. I snatched it off the coffee table. I was becoming annoyed at whoever kept calling me like they were dying. I answered not even bothering to see who it was.

"Hello?!" I snapped. I was really aggravated by the constant ringing.

"Mel?"

"Who this?" I asked, clearly not focused on whose voice it was.

"Brit." She said slowly. I rolled my eyes just hearing her name. They haven't talked to me in weeks, let alone let my kids play with theirs. Kei and the twins tell me that when they want to play with them, they tell them no. So I told my kids just play with each other and don't talk to them. Plain and simple. Now all of a sudden they remember real nigga Mel.

"Okay...now what the fuck you want?" I asked, turning my attention back to the TV.

Why she still have my number is beyond me.

"Mike, Quinta, Dre, and I are going on a double date and I - we - we were wondering if you could watch EJ and Chastity?" She asked. I bust out laughing and hung up my phone.

They can't be serious right? If they were they surely called the wrong person. They better call their best friends across the street. Fuck I look like, Nanny Depot or Babysitters-R-Us?

I turned my attention back to the TV. I was enjoying my time I had alone. My kids were at my dad's house for the night and I was going to enjoy my peace and quiet.

My phone kept ringing, but I put it on silent and relaxed back into the couch. People only call you when it's convenient for them, they having problems, or they need something.

《《《》》》

"Mel please just watch them." Mike begged.

Why did they come to my house, unannounced?

"Bitch I ain't their mammy nor am I a nanny. If you need a nanny call Nanny 911. The fuck?" I said. They just looked at me.

"Please Mel." Dre begged. I looked at them for a while acting like I was thinking about it. When I reality I'm thinking about the right time to close the door in their face.

"I'll-" I noticed they all got excited. I was laughing so hard on the inside. I slammed my door right in their face, locking the door once it was closed. I walked away. After the way they talked and diss me, they thought I was going to be there for them with open arms? Nope. They came to the wrong one.

Ty finally walked through the door almost two hours after the incident. He just walked passed me like he didn't even see me.

Okay then.

I let him cool off for a little bit, before I went to go check on him. I made my way up to my room. When I walked in he was on the bed watching TV. He had this angered expression on his face.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him. He ignored me.

Hmm.

"Ty, what's wrong with you?" I asked again.

"Nothing, damn." He snapped.

Oop. He must ain't take his meds or some shit.

I walked out the room because I was not about to deal with him. Whatever was bothering him ain't have shit to do with me, so I'm good on all that.

I was in the middle of watching Psych on Netflix when Ty walked into the room. I ignored his presence just like he did me. He wanted to be petty, so I would be petty right with him.

"Mel?"

Ignore.

"Melanie?"

Ignore.

"Melanie since you don't want to talk, listen." He started off. He lucky I didn't karate chop his ass. "I'm sorry for the way I acted when I came home. I was just frustrated from working so many hours and then my boss been riding my ass over petty shit. I took my anger out on you and I'm truly sorry. I don't ever what to lose you to my mistake. I love you and I'm truly sorry for everything, old and new." He said, grasping my hand.

"Okay." Was all I said. He grabbed my chin making me face him.

"I love you and only you, no matter what we go through." He said and then he kissed me. When we pulled away I could see the lust, love, and passion in his eyes.

"Bedroom." Was all I could muster up. He picked me up off the couch, bridal style and made his way up the stairs to our room. He kicked the door closed the behind him.

We both quickly stripped out of our closed and attacked each other. This was long overdue.

A/N:

Was Mel to harsh on them?

Are they wrong for telling their kids not to play with Mel kids?

Should they have involved the kids in their dispute?

Do you think Ty really meant what he said, when he apologized to Mel?