Chapter 46 - Rewind(Part 3)

"Ow! Hey, what was that for?"

Persia had walked over and flicked my forehead as I lay on the ground, staring up the hole in the ceiling and roof that I'd created.

"I told you not to use anything too powerful," She replied, staring at the ceiling with a sigh, "Who knows how much you're going to have to pay for repairs?"

What kind of a school makes it students pay for accidental vandalism? I'm genuinely asking...I've never gone to school before.

"Y-yeah, well...I still haven't figured out how this all works, I don't know the difference between how a strong and weak attack feel."

Would she buy that?

"Oh, really...because to me, it looked like you put as much as you possibly could into that blast," She responded, raising an eyebrow inquiringly.

Crap, busted!

I'm usually a better liar than this. She was really throwing me off my game.

"A-anyway...how much time do I have left in this size and age?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"I think...a bit more than thirty minutes? Do you want to do something else?"

The door suddenly swung open, and a few people walked in. I sprang to my feet, and quickly drew out the dagger.

"Oh, it's you guys, what are you doing here? Hey, easy, Little Kuro...they're your friends," Persia said in a soothing tone, placing her hands on my shoulders from behind.

That didn't sound right...

"Wait, I have friends? Are...you sure? I mean...this is me we're talking about," I muttered to myself uncertainly, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Hey, Persia...I was on my way here to pick up a notebook I'd left behind, I ran into these two on the way, they joined up with me, and we ran into Ragiu when we arrived. He mentioned that something interesting had happened to Kuro, and then a few minutes later, we heard a loud noise...oh, the ceiling," Said one of them, a guy with blonde hair and...a raccoon tail, I think?

The other two didn't seem to have any animal-like features. A guy with a sleepy face, and a red-haired girl with a face that looked easily irritable.

All three were staring at me in confusion and surprise.

This was starting to get old...

Persia briefly explained the situation to them, after which they all crowded me with curious expressions. She left out the whole part about the age of my memories and the age of my body not being in sync...maybe these people don't know about the whole reincarnation thing?

"This is quite disconcerting, seeing a younger version of someone you know...he is sort of cute, I suppose," Said the redhead.

"Hehe...I know, right?" Grinned Persia, rubbing her cheek against mine, turning my mind blank for a moment.

She r-really needs to stop doing stuff like that without warning...

They were all staring way too intently...I was more than a little uncomfortable.

"Aw, what about me?" The blonde guy asked the redhead expectantly, with an innocent grin.

"Wh-what about you? You're annoying, that's a-all," She replied, trying to sound indifferent and annoyed, but the stutters and blush were unmistakable.

Huh...maybe if I embarrass them, they'll back off a bit and give me some space.

"Oh, I see...Redhead likes Raccoon Tail," I said, with an expression of childish innocence...hey, might as well make use of this preteen body, right?