Chapter 45 - Rewind(Part 2)

Alright...target's in sight...ready to go in for the kill.

Hi, my name is Kuro, and I'm a fifteen year old assassin.

And right now, I was on the top of one of the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia, my assassination target a few floors below me in the other tower.

I got him in the sights of my sniper rifle, preparing to fire.

Guns aren't usually my thing, I typically prefer a combination of a dagger and short-sword...but in this location, with so many potential witnesses around the target, I didn't have a choice but to take him out from a distance.

I blinked...

...

...

...and found myself staring up at a wooden ceiling.

...dafuq?

I sat up quickly, rapidly scanning my surroundings, almost losing my balance. Woah, my body felt smaller...what the- it is smaller!

And my complexion...has it gotten lighter?

And what's with my hair, it's kinda...see-through, sort of like black glass paper.

I was on a bed, inside a small room...there was a little kitten sleeping on my lap. I slowly lifted it off and placed it back down on the bed.

There wasn't much inside the room. No wiring, electronics or, well...anything. There was an old oil lamp, and a few clothes, but that was about it.

...where the heck am I?

Was I kidnapped?

No, I don't feel any pain or grogginess, so I hadn't been knocked out either physically or by gas or tranquilizer. And besides...I wasn't restrained, not to mention that the key was on the door.

What the hell was going on!?

The door suddenly swung open, I instinctively sprang back, reaching down for the hidden blade I usually keep in my boot, before looking down and realizing that I was wearing normal, plain clothes and carrying no weapons.

"H-hey, calm down! I'm sure you're confused, but let me explain," Said the person who walked in.

It was a girl.

Wait, were those...cat ears? And a tail? The tail was moving...am I at some kind of Comic Con or something? No that makes no sense, I don't hear a crowd anywhere nearby, and it doesn't explain why my body is smaller or why my skin was a different complexion.

I don't sense any bloodlust from this girl...I suppose it wouldn't hurt to hear her out.

Besides, I was hesitant to act without having at least some grasp of the current situation. This was all so bizarre. I still can't get past this smaller body.

"Okay, why don't you sit down?" She suggested with a smile, sitting on the bed and patting the spot beside her.

"No, that's okay...," I replied cautiously, keeping my distance.

She was being way too nice...what was she after?

Also...she was really pretty, it was sort of distracting. As were the cat ears and tail. They looked so lifelike...

"Hm? Okay, suit yourself. What's that look for, is something wrong?" She asked, leaning forward and tilting her head with a smile.

My heart skipped a beat, and before I could think, I instinctively jumped back, biting my bottom lip to get my breathing under control.