Chapter 6 - Day Off

Almost a week had passed since our failed Quest.

Turns out, we were the only group to fail, which earned us a lot of grief from the other groups. As for my group, nothing much had changed.

Things got a bit serious while we'd been discussing our differing views on killing, but in the end I'd say we managed to come to an understanding and respect each others' views, regardless of whether we agreed with them or not.

The group dynamic hadn't changed much from day one. Rai was still an overly talkative annoyance. Key was kinda on the serious side, but was otherwise quite amiable, although she did have a pretty short fuse that Rai kept triggering almost every single day. Azyl was asleep most of the time and even when he wasn't, he'd hardly speak.

As for Persia, she was still pretty reserved around the others, but she had begun talking with Key sometimes as well as throwing around the occasional sarcastic snark at Rai.

And as for me, I'd say I was slowly getting better at my social skills.

Oh yeah, we'd looked into the guy from the cave, Tahn Ragiu. Turns out, he was an Adventurer that also happened to be the eldest son of one of the most influential families in the Rustlands. Key had volunteered to report to the Academy about what happened, but I don't really know how that turned out yet.

Beyond that, it had been a pretty uneventful week. The first week classes had just been one long introduction session, proper lessons start next week. Right now, it was Saturday, so I was just walking around town.

"Hey, are you listening to me? Get your head out of the clouds, Kuro."

Oh right, and Persia was with me. No, this wasn't a date or whatever, we just happened to run into each other at the weapon store. Remember before when I thought that her gear was a bit similar to mine?

Turns out we both went to the same store to get them.

And that's a pretty big coincidence, given that weapon and equipment stores could be found on pretty much every other block. Anyway, we both happened to be free, so we were now just...walking around.

Not a date.

Although, I wouldn't really mind if it was- No, wait, forget I said that!

"Hey, are you ignoring me?"

"Quiet, Cat Girl, you're too loud," I sighed dramatically.

"You're such a jerk," She pouted, lightly punching my shoulder.

"Alright fine I'll listen, so what were you saying?"

"Oh, forget it. I hate repeating myself."

Okay, now I was kinda curious as to what she had been talking about while I was spacing out. But if I let her know that, she would win.

...no, I'm not being childish.

"You know, as much as I hate to admit it, we have a lot in common," She remarked.

"Huh, where'd that come from?"

"I-I, no, wait...don't take that the wrong way! I just meant like, you know...our views on killing and fashion sense, that's all!"

"Huh, I wouldn't call that 'a lot', but yeah, I guess you're right. Our gear are pretty similar, and even now, on a day off, we're both wearing black," I remarked in reply.

I had on a black collarless tee with black shorts that went down to just past my knees. In case you're wondering, yes, my entire wardrobe is black, and all plain black at that, no stripes or patterns for me.